2007 sundance 2900 mk

buckeyebob

i am considering trading my zeppelin tt for a sundance 2900 mk fifth wheel.does anyone know of any problems with this model,also does all three slides go out at once ,are they hyd. or electric?i have a 2007 chevy duramax crew cab 6.5 ft bed.will i need a slider hitch ,or will a regular fifth wheel hitch work?any info would be appreciated,thank you buckeyebob!!!!

fndrbndr

Sliders are electric and go out one at a time. I have the same set up. I have a slider but have never used it . I only got the slider because it was part of the deal. The duramax will pull it just fine. About 11 mpg running 65-70. If you have any more questions let me know.

buckeyebob

thanks for the input on 2900 mk.any thing you dont like?this 07 unit was traded in and i just wondered if there was a reason.do you get a lot of hitch jerking etc?this is my 1st fifth wheel,have had tts for20 years.i am looking at a husky man slide hitch made by valley.1100 $installed,also what ton rating would be best,thanks

Tom of Ypsi

A 15K hitch should be more than enough. As stated you will probably not need a slider hitch. If I was in your position I would save my money and get a non slider hitch. If getting into a real tight spot where you think a slider might be needed just have another go at it and watch carefully, you should be alright. Good luck on your purchase.

fishn2dmax

I have an 08 2900MK. We looked at the 07's and I actually think the 07 may have some advantages over an 08. The 07's have a aluminum floor joices whereas the 08 went to wood. The 07 had a few other extras ( standard) outside wash ports and a few other internal options no longer offered in the 08's.

As far as reason why someone would trade it in after a year, who knows? Most the time units are flipped this early is due to financial related reasons. ( got in over their heads). Just be safe, I would do a very good ( detailed) PDI and look for any and all signs the unit may have been in a wreck or received major physical damage that needed extensive repairs ( e.g. insurance buy back unit). Look over the frame ( have dealer drop the underbelly cover) and axles very closely for any signs of repair. Look at the tires to see if they are wearing evenly. Also, if the dealer will give you at least a one year basic structual warranty, that should help ease your mind.

Overall, unless the unit was wrecked, the 2900MK is an excellent floorplan and is made very well. I have never needed to use my slider (ever) even in very tight situations, I still had plenty of clearance. I'm not sure I would spend the money on a slider if I was to do it again. If you do get a slider, you don't need an expensive automatic one for the few times ( if ever) you'll need it. I recommend you save the money and get a non-slider and take the savings to buy the best ( non-mainland china) tires your can afford!

Netem

I too have the 2900 MK I haven't got to camp in it yet but pulled it 100 miles home with my Chev 3/4 ext cab DMax and it towed great. I have a Husky 1600 non slider and no problems and I have some tricky manuvering to get it under my carport at home. Good luck on your new trailer.

Sundance_kid

I agree with fishn2dmax, the only thing I would add as to a reason to get rid of a 1 year old trailer is most people go to small for their needs and trade up. I pull a 3300SK with a 250 PSD shot bed and have never needed a slider. Good luck and don't be afraid to crawl under, around and through it.