Soon to be new owners

relic57

Hello,

Just wanted to say Hi to all the Heartland forum members.

We are Dave and Melissa from "Frigid" upstate New York. Just joined the forum, although i (we) have been reading it for about two years now. Have learned a great deal by the way.

We are about 2-3 months away from hopefully ordering our new heartland 5th wheel, our first. We have done a lot of research and The one we picked to best suit our needs, is the Big Country 3450ts. Starting to get very excited. Now i have to contact about 5 or 6 dealers around and get quotes. We kind of did this late last year, but it just wasn't the right time, so i have an idea where we stand. Hopefully the local guy can give us the best deal, but not sure.

Dave

Well just wanted to say hi to all, and look forward to learning a lot from all of you.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Welcome to the Heartland Family and congratulation on the decision to purchase a new Big County! I am excited for you.

Rod Ditrich

danemayer

Hi relic57,

Welcome to the posting side of forum life. As you contact dealers, keep in mind that you can have them order one exactly the way you want it. Just allow some additional time for build and delivery.

jimtoo

HI Dave,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and family. If you have been reading and lurking around you know we have lots of great folks with lots of information. So don't hesitate to ask for help or advice.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you at a rally sometime.

Jim M

Rob63

Hello Dave and Melissa, we are just a little bit South of you down in Jamestown and recently joined this forum as well. We bought our first travel trailer last November in Hamburg (Trail Runner 27RKS). I don't know if talking about specific dealers is allowed here but if you send me a PM, I'd be happy to tell you about our purchasing experience and where we bought our camper from. We couldn't be happier.

Hi Dave and Melissa from Ray and Robin!
Not sure where in Upstate NY you are. We just purchased our Big Country 3650RL in February. We sold our house (of course it HAD to sell during the winter!) in Upstate New York (Horseheads area). We're full timers now - and this is our first RV.

We shopped for about 4 years before we purchased. We found the best deals on Heartlands to be through Camping World in Hanover PA. They (every one in the dealership) were SUPER fantastic with helping us out all the way through the process. It was about a four hour ride for us to the dealership - but was on our way to NC. Here's their link: http://www.campingworldofhanover.com/ Travis is the salesperson who helped us. If you work with him please mention that we recommended him!

We had started with Camping World in Bath, NY first and worked with Will - he also was fabulous to work with. We were just able to find a better deal with Travis in Hanover PA (where they make the pretzels) by about $3,000 for the same make/model with the same options and extras.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Dave and Melissa,

Welcome to the forum and to prospective Heartland ownership. You will find an abundance of great information here not to mention all the great folks behind the sharing of opinions and experiences! We are here to help if you need us.

I make no bones about telling people "purchasing a Heartland RV changed my life"! This is no BS! Becoming a member of the Owners Club was truly a life altering experience. The friendships we have made with folks all over the country are so special. The Northeast Region is amazingly close and we have become more than just friends. Even the cold winter has not stopped us with off season visits to each others homes, gatherings for dinner at a local restaurant and/or special get together's for no reason other than we miss each other. The fun is endless! If you think the forum is good just wait until you can join the Owners Club and experience these folks in person! There is nothing like it in my experience.

Please keep us posted on your progress and when you purchase your dream RV. Good Luck to you both!