New 2008 3670 Bighorn Owner

My husband and I are the proud owners of our first RV, we brought home our Bighorn Thursday.

I'm anxious to read through the treads to get all the advice I can!

And, backing for the first time was very nerve racking for my husband. We're going to practice more today.

Niles

Congrats on your choice, as we too have the 3670 and loving it. Backing up just takes time and practice, before long I'm sure you'll be looking across the camp saying, LOOK AT THAT GUY!!!:D Course I'm very careful about doing that it always comes back to bite me, you know where.:eek:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Welcome to the Heartland family Suzie. This forum is a great tool and there is plenty of good info here. Enjoy your new rig.

lamontagne

Congradulations

Congrats on your Rv. We just purchased a new 08 3055RL and our first trip is this comming Thursday.

Enjoy
Arthur & Cindy
Henderson ,NV.

glendalee

2008 Bighorn 3670rl question

:confused:We too have a 3670 and we are planning to take it to an area that temps are like 20-40 degrees at night and 30-50 degrees in the day. We will be cooking moderately in it and I need to know how long the 2 tanks of propane gas might last heating and cooking. Can anyone help me with this?

jpmorgan37

glendalee;

There are a lot of factors we need to know in order to answer that question correctly. Do you have dual pane windows? Do you have AC/Heat Pump(s)? Are you going to be connected to 50 amp so that you can also use auxiliary heaters. If you answer no to all of those questions, your two tanks will probably last about three days, depending on how warm you keep it inside. I use very little propane, but I depend on the Heat Pumps and a ceramic heater for the majority of my heat. Only when the temperature drops below 32 degrees does my furnace run, and then only slightly due to the ceramic heater(s) supplying much of the heat inside. The dual pane windows help considerably in maintaining the temperature. Also, when it gets cold, we will pull the shades and that helps too.

John

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Congratulations on joining the Heartland Family. I am sure you will enjoy the group and the RV as well
Regards
Wayne & Gayle

Draco Dog

3670 Big Horn

SinginSuzi, I know you will love this trailer. We went thru several trailers (plus a tent when we were much younger). The trailer that you have purchased is the same one that we bought a couple of weeks ago. I love the king-size bed, the living room furniture, the fireplace (have to have a fireplace when camping, right.? lol) and all of the counter space.

As for parking the trailer. It just takes experience. I really think that the experience of parking a trailer is harder on the person (usually the wife), who has to instruct the driver on how to park. I think that if a marriage can get thru this process, then they can handle anything. lol. Maybe the couples getting married should have to go thru this parking of a large trailer in order to get married. tee hee.

Have fun and let us know how your camping experience went.

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
New 3670RL

Hi everyone. We are also the proud owners of a new 3670RL as of yesterday. :DNow the fun begins with putting everything back in this one that we moved out of the other 5er. No problem though with all the room in storage that this thing has. And the wife won't have any trouble placing all the inside stuff. We went from a 32ft with 2 slides to this one.
Looking forward to this forum and the use of the Big Horn.

Bill

sidney dreyfus

propane usage

Glendalee,
We have been using our 3570 RL all winter under the same weather conditions. It looks like we go through around 1/2 tank of propane each 24 hour period. We keep the camper between 67 and 70 degrees to prevent freezing down below. I also have a portable heater with it's own thermostat behind the docking station just in case it gets cold down there, but it doesn't seem to be needed that much. Feel free to ask any questions whenever they arise.
:confused:We too have a 3670 and we are planning to take it to an area that temps are like 20-40 degrees at night and 30-50 degrees in the day. We will be cooking moderately in it and I need to know how long the 2 tanks of propane gas might last heating and cooking. Can anyone help me with this?

Draco Dog

WOW Suzi, purchased the best for your 1st RV. congrats. My hubby and I went thru the tent stage and then slowly eased up to the big trailer. We also have the 2008 Big Horn 3670. We have only had the Big Horn for a couple of months, but have already fallen in love with it. The counter and storage space is fantastic.

As for learning to back up. It just takes time and patience. I think that all couples deciding to get married should have to take out a large trailer and learn to master the art of backing up. It can get frustrating at times.

But take care and have a wonderful time in your new RV. This web site is very informative. Everyone is here to help and also to give information. Enjoy and Welcome.

jasayer

Congrats on your 3670

We've been in our 3670 (2009) for five weeks now. We plan to use it for five months in the winter in Arizona and sometimes experience those cool temps. With the double pane windows and the fireplace, we use the furnace only to heat it up in the mornings - the fireplace keeps it warm and cozy. The furnace really uses up the propane but is very efficient too...much warmer than our old coach...enjoy Jordy, Gary, Sam n' Sophie

dixiebabe

We have a Bighorn 3570RL and just love it. We are in a park in Ala and it has been getting fairly cold at night. We set our furance for 60 degree and use heaters to heat the rooms. Have fun with your new rig, barbnbob

curt

glendalee-I just joined this blog. We've full timed a couple of yrs now. Our travel trailer is 33' w/ one slide(buying a 3600RL soon). We've been in 20 and 30 degree weather and our 30 lb lasted 2 wks. We usually make a full month w/ ceramic heaters one in living rm one in bathroom. If its full furnace plan one one tank in two weeks even using propane to cook with. Consider carrying an electric skillet to use when on electricity. We have an auto transformer to help when hooked to shore pwr. We bought the 50 Amp unit but can use it in 30 amp sites.