What's up with the front stabilizer jack placement on the Lynx?

MotoLynx27x

My Prowler has a rather oddly placed set of stabilizer jacks on the ends of the A-arms that connect to the hitch. They hang down so low that I've nearly torn one off during maneuvering when I store the camper or pull it out.

Has as anyone noticed this too? I'm seriously thinking about moving them from their current location to about a foot back to where they can be bolted or welded to the main frame beams. Click the pic below to see it fullsize.

image.jpg

Sean

Mine are in the same spot but never have thought to move them. I've had the trailer in some precarious spots using every inch of ground clearance. The front jacks touched the ground a couple times but didn't drag hard.

MotoLynx27x

Allllllrighty then!!! I ordered a set of Save A Jacks and they are here! I'll be installing them tomorrow and i will take some pictures and post here! Thanks for the recommendation!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My Prowler has a rather oddly placed set of stabilizer jacks on the ends of the A-arms that connect to the hitch. They hang down so low that I've nearly torn one off during maneuvering when I store the camper or pull it out.

Has as anyone noticed this too? I'm seriously thinking about moving them from their current location to about a foot back to where they can be bolted or welded to the main frame beams. Click the pic below to see it fullsize.

Mine are in the same spot and I've almost ripped them off a couple of times when putting or pulling the trailer to or from our driveway.

I've discovered that if I have the WD hitch stuff on, it raises the front of the trailer enough to clear!

However, those stabilizer jacks are junk and totally worthless . . .

They wobble when they are the only jacks you have down . . . and you can't put any weight on them without bending them.

First time I ever parked the trailer in our yard I broke one of the rear ones and found out just how weak they really are.

I've been thinking about taking all four of them off permanently since I use a set of screw jacks for stability anyways.

CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg CamperJacks-IMG_0507.jpg

MotoLynx27x

Mine are in the same spot and I've almost ripped them off a couple of times when putting or pulling the trailer to or from our driveway.

I've discovered that if I have the WD hitch stuff on, it raises the front of the trailer enough to clear!

However, those stabilizer jacks are junk and totally worthless . . .

They wobble when they are the only jacks you have down . . . and you can't put any weight on them without bending them.

First time I ever parked the trailer in our yard I broke one of the rear ones and found out just how weak they really are.

I've been thinking about taking all four of them off permanently since I use a set of screw jacks for stability anyways.

View attachment 29454 View attachment 29455

yea even with my WD setup hooked up, the front two would drag when I would make the transition from back yard to driveway slab. And yes as you have pointed out, the stock jacks are crap! It is very easy to bend them, and even with the X-Chock like you have, the trailer still wobbles around slightly when I'm walking inside (has a little to do with the fact I'm 6' 4" tall and a shade portly, LOL). But I've felt that the trailer still moves a bit too much. That's why I was hoping that adding the slide out jacks would increase the side to side shifting force while parked.

Hmm, maybe I should look into replacing my scissor jacks for screws too...

JohnD

I kept those old screw-up jacks from my old camper . . . glad I did!

I've been looking at a bigger set of them for use with the Trail Runner, and when I get them, those scissor jacks will be gone!

Pizzadigger

I just sold our big old heavy Jayco TT. 18 years on the factory scissor jacks, never a problem. I always used blocking under each . Seems to take out the wobble when moving around in side. I always carried cinderblocks and some 16" pieces of 2x8. never used any screw jacks. Never had a jack break just used some spray lube on them every 6 months.

Andy

JohnD

I just sold our big old heavy Jayco TT. 18 years on the factory scissor jacks, never a problem. I always used blocking under each . Seems to take out the wobble when moving around in side. I always carried cinderblocks and some 16" pieces of 2x8. never used any screw jacks. Never had a jack break just used some spray lube on them every 6 months.

Andy

Don't need the cinder blocks with the screw-up jacks . . .