Heartland Dealers in TX

J_Purt

Looking to purchase a 5er after the Tarrant County RV Show.

Does anyone have feed back on TX Heartland dealers? Preferably the Fort Worth area.

Likes, Dislikes, Good / Bad Customer Service, Timely Response, etc.

Thanks,

JP

StevieWonder

Don't know of any in Ft Worth, but Camper World and Camperland in the Houston area are dealers.

Check the Heartland website for a complete list of dealers.

madigand

ExploreUSA in Denton carries Bighorn/Landmark. Was not too impressed with the salesman. I knew more about the product line than they did.

J_Purt

Agree

I know what you're saying. That's one of the reasons I posted this. Wanted to know how other dealers are. Not impressed with ExploreUSA Denton at all! They haven't acted like they want my business.... AT ALL. Really scares me about how customer service will be after a purchase. Especially if I don't purchase it from them.

theharveys

When we went to order our new Landmark, we also checked out ExploreUSA in Denton, and I was also unimpressed. They tried to talk me out of a Landmark and into a Carriage Carri-Lite.
We ended up ordering our Landmark from Sherrard RV in Colbert Oklahoma. Very knowledgable and friendly salespeople and, since they also own the adjoining KOA campground, when you go to pickup your new trailer, they put you up for a couple days in the campground and assign a service tech to your trailer and you can try it out right there and get anything fixed before you take it home.
Also, it is not toofar a drive from the Dallas area, straight up 75.
I would highly reccommend Sherrard RV (soon to be called RV Station) in Colbert Oklahoma.
Our Landmark Augusta is due off the assembly line on January 20th. We can hardly wait to get it.

J_Purt

Thanks

I'm planning on visiting family and friends in Houston the early part of Feb. Will check out both Houston dealers if I haven't made the purchase by that time. Thnx :)

I will be looking into the OK dealership aswell. Sounds like a great deal having KOA and a service person assigned to you. :)

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
We used the Kyle Tx dealer for our purchase (Josh Nichols) and found that they were very knowledgeable in Kyle and took nearly an entire day with us. The Mesquite location has an very large inventory and Phillip Miller is handling our consignment of our previous RV. He is fairly new, but very knowledgeable, as well. The Mesquite and Kyle location has great service personnel. The PDI in Kyle took about 4 hours and covered every aspect of the unit. All cubby holes, wiring, and plumbing was exposed for our inspection. The changeover of the generator and very small punch list was completed in Mesquite. Mike Snow is the Service Mgr. in Mesquite and is a true customer service kind-of-guy. I've stated in other posts that we were looking at a Carriage product, originally. Carriage did not offer what we wanted until we got into the 35' units and we were coming out of a 36' unit. We wanted to stay under 32' and have many of the same amenities. The salesman in Kyle went through our list of wants, and recommended the 3005. That's what we ordered with a change-order for the oven, and they accommodated us in every way. Go by and visit the Mesquite store and I'll bet you'll leave thinking that they are a customer service company.

jimtoo

I'm planning on visiting family and friends in Houston the early part of Feb. Will check out both Houston dealers if I haven't made the purchase by that time. Thnx :)

I will be looking into the OK dealership aswell. Sounds like a great deal having KOA and a service person assigned to you. :)
We used the Kyle Tx dealer for our purchase (Josh Nichols) and found that they were very knowledgeable in Kyle and took nearly an entire day with us. The Mesquite location has an very large inventory and Phillip Miller is handling our consignment of our previous RV. He is fairly new, but very knowledgeable, as well. The Mesquite and Kyle location has great service personnel. The PDI in Kyle took about 4 hours and covered every aspect of the unit. All cubby holes, wiring, and plumbing was exposed for our inspection. The changeover of the generator and very small punch list was completed in Mesquite. Mike Snow is the Service Mgr. in Mesquite and is a true customer service kind-of-guy. I've stated in other posts that we were looking at a Carriage product, originally. Carriage did not offer what we wanted until we got into the 35' units and we were coming out of a 36' unit. We wanted to stay under 32' and have many of the same amenities. The salesman in Kyle went through our list of wants, and recommended the 3005. That's what we ordered with a change-order for the oven, and they accommodated us in every way. Go by and visit the Mesquite store and I'll bet you'll leave thinking that they are a customer service company.

Hi J_Purt,

If your coming down this way and stop at Kyle, come on down I-35 a few miles and cut across on hwy 123 or 46 (Stop at Clear Springs Cafe (onion rings out of this world) in old gin) down to Seguin and check out the ExploreUSA dealer there on I-10 also. They have a really good inventory and good sales people that know their products. Then you have a straight shot into Houston.

I have heard some bad comments about the dealer in Denton, but I'll bet the owners get that taken care of pretty soon. The owners are really customer oreinted and they don't like bad publicity.

Jim

Dusty

Heartland Dealers in texas

Exploreusa is a heartland dealer, there is one in
Dallas somewhere, and I think one in Mesquite.

Dusty