Factory Tour & Service - Highly recommended!

aquiring signal

Earlier this week I was looking at this message board and read a couple posts about factory tours. I thought that sounded interesting... and my wife & I would be passing through Indiana this weekend anyway...Hmmm... I wonder....:rolleyes:

I decided to call Heartland Customer Service to see if they also had the ability to do some service and warranty work. It turns out they do, and even though it was short notice, they managed to make it happen.:)

While the folks at Recreational Specialties went to work on our 2008 3670, we took a ride over to the assembly line with Jim Fenner.

Jim gave us a great and thorough tour, I can't say enough about it. Seeing all the pieces come together into finished trailers like ours and seeing the different stages of assembly was great. We saw everything from bare frames to the roof panels being lowered by crane followed by the installation of the rubber roof and lots in between. I like having a better idea of what I can't see behind my walls, too. My wife & I were very impressed. <!--[endif]-->

I've worked in the aerospace industry for many years and have seen several factories, but this one had more simultaneous activity than I've ever seen. Like bees in a hive - a very busy, bustling, and organized environment.

After the tour we picked up our trailer. They went over my list of items with me and had addressed them all, even ones I didn't think they'd have time to get to. :D<!--[if gte vml 1]><v:shape id="Picture_x0020_4" o:spid="_x0000_i1025" type="#_x0000_t75" alt="//heartlandowners.org/images/smilies/biggrin.gif" style='width:12pt;height:12pt;visibility:visible;mso-wrap-style:square'> <v:imagedata src="file:///C:\DOCUME~1\JONLEO~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image004.gif" o:title="biggrin"/> </v:shape><![endif]--><!--[if !vml]--><!--[endif]-->

Our thanks to everyone at Heartland, and especially Jim Fenner and the folks at RS. I see Heartland as a company really providing stellar customer service.

We highly recommend taking a tour if you get the chance, you won't be disappointed!

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Been there and done that!! They are really a great bunch of people. Jim has helped us several times and is always available when needed. Can't say enough about how they've treated us as owners!!