Tow Vehicle Battery Replacements

Jimsryker

I have been looking online for forums and comments about this topic but have not been finding exactly what I need so I thought to post here. My 2006 GMC 2500 HD diesel is in need of batteries. I had been noticing that when the truck turned over, it was getting more and more sluggish. I still have the original batteries in the truck since Sept. 2005 when I bought it so I more than got my monies worth. Now however, they are completely dead. AC Delco's official page shows no authorized dealers in the inland empire. The closest being in LA and Northern San Diego county.

For my location, I have Sears, Sam's Club and Costco available to me. Plus assorted Auto stores. I know topics like this are wide open, but I always love to get the opinions of owners. I am looking to stay with AGM as there is no corrosion in the engine compartment. Plus I need screw in side terminals as that's what's OEM on my truck. Any recommendations are welcome. Thanks!

JanAndBill

Re: Tow Vehical Battery Replacements

At one time I used Interstate Batteries in all my trucks, but over the last couple of years they've become expensive. Also, it just seemed like the quality wasn't as good. When it came time to replace the batteries in my Ford, I went to the dealer, and found they were much cheaper, and seem to last longer. Don't know how the GM batteries compare, but you might check them out.

caissiel

When I owned GMs the best batteries were the GM ones. It has something to do with the charging setup for GM cars. Any other batteries did not fair well.
I would replace with Delco.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

DW_Gray

I have purchased my batteries from O'Reilly's auto parts for many years even when it used to be Kragen Auto Parts. They have good prices and great warranty service. They usually have two to three different kinds of batteries for your vehicle and different price ranges that will fit your budget. Also, O'Reilly offers military discount.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Jimsryker

When I owned GMs the best batteries were the GM ones. It has something to do with the charging setup for GM cars. Any other batteries did not fair well.
I would replace with Delco.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Well, it' hard to argue with success. My AC Delco's lasted almost 8 1/2 years. Not bad for a 7 year battery. I will also look at the GM dealer in town. Thanks everyone for the replies!