central vacuum

bowman

I have a 2013 cyclone 3800 the central vacume is not working dealer says computer board is no good . is this a easy fix . dealer says none of there guys that work there no how to fix it very frustrated looking for susgestiones

scottyb

Re: central vacume

I suppose they are like many things these days. It cost more to repair than it's worth. Just a quick search I found a Eureka Power Unit for $139 and free shipping. It says it has a 5 yr warranty. What does the manual for yours say about warranty.

danemayer

The central vac is usually the Eureka Yellow Jacket. Here's a link to the installation manual. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the model # is 008325.

When they break in warranty, Eureka may choose to replace the entire unit. Since it sounds like the dealer may not have contacted Eureka, you should probably call Eureka to discuss how to proceed. 800-282-2886
call_skype_logo.png
800-282-2886.

From the Eureka.com website:
All Eureka products carry at minimum a one-year limited warranty. Some items may carry a longer term limited warranty. The limited warranty information can be found in your Owner’s Manual or by contacting our customer service team at 800-282-2886
call_skype_logo.png
800-282-2886.
Call
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via SkypeCall
Send SMS
Add to Skype
You'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype

Garypowell

It looks like your rig could still be under warranty. If so call Heartland and explain. When I had this happen on my last rig they sent me a whole new system (I mean EVERYTHING). That was 6 to seven years ago. When my hose just broke on my new rig they still sent me more than I needed again. I got new wands and attachments too.

If your out of warranty it really depends if you like the system or not. If my central unit gave out (now out of warranty) I would by a $40 small shop vac from someone and rig it in. I am fairly sure I could fix up a relay to turn it on and off with the current low voltage system. And if not a simple off/on switch would do.

We we now use a small upright in the coach and I use the built in for the basement and truck.

porthole

Retired
I have a 2013 cyclone 3800 the central vacume is not working dealer says computer board is no good . is this a easy fix . dealer says none of there guys that work there no how to fix it very frustrated looking for susgestiones

Which central vac do you have, Eureka or Dirt Devil?

If it is the Yellow Jacket, look at this thread regarding the unit not shutting off.

The "fix" may be the same for not starting.

//heartlandowners.org/showthread.ph...f-temporay-fix?p=273958&highlight=#post273958