Help with table between recliners

JHWilson2

We just purchased our 2014 Big Horn 3010RE a couple of weeks ago and have been getting settled. We went from a 39' Travel Supreme to the smaller rig, and so far the adjustments needed to downsize haven't been that hard to make. However, I'm drawing a blank on how to create a space to put our drinks between the 2 very close recliners. We've moved the dining chair to the front to give us more room and have tried a slim magazine table between them, but the recliners keep on banging the table or each other. What are some options that ya'll have utilized that works.

Nancy

danemayer

Hi JHWilson2,

Congratulations on the new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

We also have a rear entertainment floor plan, but we rarely both use the recliners at the same time. I usually sit in the rear recliner and DW sits on the sofa. I keep my drinks on a low platform next to the wall. She keeps hers on the kitchen counter next to the sofa.

Maybe someone else will have a solution that's a better fit to your situation.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We've had the same query. Last fall during our first extensive outing the DW & I decided something needed added since in our coach it's always "5:00 somewhere" ! For our upcoming trip I am taking 2 small nesting tables, 1 to go between the end wall of the slide and rear most recliner. The other is for beside the couch. Results are TBD. Will update in several weeks once we've been on the road a week or so. Leaving again in 10 days!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTPockets

I have two drink holders; one is attached to the wall on the right of a recliner, the second I attached to the back of a dining chair which is on the left side of the other recliner....

123camper

We use the wood TV trays from walmart. Fold up and store on sofa for travel are in an corner when not in use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We found a 12" wide table on line...it worked for about a year but got tired of the swivel/rockers constantly knocking into the table. Finally replaced everything with theater seats with cup holders and tables built in. Actually gained 8" between recliners and dinette chairs...MUCH better! !

donr827

The trailer that we traded in for our Bighorn had a small table that fitted between the recliners. Some how when we were transferring our items to the new Bighorn the table some how made it into the new Bighorn. It does take a little adjusting to get everything working together.
Don

ncc1701e

Hi JHWilson2,

Congratulations on the new Bighorn and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

We also have a rear entertainment floor plan, but we rarely both use the recliners at the same time. I usually sit in the rear recliner and DW sits on the sofa. I keep my drinks on a low platform next to the wall. She keeps hers on the kitchen counter next to the sofa.

Maybe someone else will have a solution that's a better fit to your situation.

Lowes ----------- Table Living Area.jpg Table is actually in its second trailer. Loses still sells the table.

rangetime

I Have an idea for a table I would like to build from a coffee table that I made for my parents when I was 17 ( that was 33 years ago) , yes the old table is still solid and survives. Anyway, I have a glass chess board set and a glass backgammon set that I would like to build into the top as a drink table / game table that can still be able to take outside. .... what I need to know is how tall are the arms on the rocker chairs,.. we purchased a 2014 heartland prowler p28 rls and have not taken possession of it yet as there is still too much snow at our park to move it in. if I could get a height of the arms and maybe a fairly accurate estimate of the depth to the window , and width between the chairs I could at least start a preliminary sketch of the planned transformation,... I will be taking before and after pics just for the fun of the project too .... I don't need the old coffee table these days but knew I was saving it for something .,... this project will be a transformed piece of my history thanks for any help you all can provide .. Mark

rangetime

I have reviewed the posted suggestions from piet10 and VMooreSR and am thinking a height of 27" is probably the closest to what will work,... thanks again

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
We actually utilize a short stool from a previous camper as our table between chairs. This also allows us additional seating at the counter if it is needed for dinner. Love having the dual purpose furniture!

Attachments

• IMG_0660.jpg
    IMG_0660.jpg
    724.1 KB · Views: 183

StephenKatSea

Our 08' BH3670 came with a table between the recliners. It is extremely useful. Can't imagine Heartland didn't realize that. Seems like a very odd way for Heartland to try to reduce the cost of their very fine product.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Debbie where did you get your furniture ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We special ordered from LazyBoy because we wanted fabric. The chairs and reclining Love Seat are their Pinnacle (wall hugger) Series. We will find out how comfy they are this weekend when we take our first trip of the season.

We found a 12" wide table on line...it worked for about a year but got tired of the swivel/rockers constantly knocking into the table. Finally replaced everything with theater seats with cup holders and tables built in. Actually gained 8" between recliners and dinette chairs...MUCH better! !

We are looking at doing the same thing. Interested in what brand theater seating you purchased. Were there any issues getting the new seating into your coach? Thanks!