Good Sam Insurance

dcwettstein

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with Good Sam's Truck and camper insurance. I got a quote which was verycompetive but what happens when you put in a claim?

hapjack

We have Good SAm on our 2011 Big Horn.We had a $7000.00 accident in 2011, Good Sam covered everything.

scottyb

That is amazing. Perfect driving record and Good Sam's recently quoted me more than double State Farm's quote with the same levels of coverage. i also tried them when I 1st bought it and the same thing.

Greengas

That is amazing. Perfect driving record and Good Sam's recently quoted me more than double State Farm's quote with the same levels of coverage. i also tried them when I 1st bought it and the same thing.
With me State Farm not only could not touch Good Sam's price they could not come near the coverage. We've had goos Sam insurance on every Rv we've owned. Put in a claim recently and the covered it with no questions asked.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
We had Foremost on our TT and now on the Bighorn and have been happy with them. Although we have State Farm on everything else, they could not match all if the Foremost coverage options.

scottyb

With me State Farm not only could not touch Good Sam's price they could not come near the coverage. We've had goos Sam insurance on every Rv we've owned. Put in a claim recently and the covered it with no questions asked.

I wonder if it has anything to do with the Toy Hauler vs 5th wheel?

Lou_and_Bette

Well FWIW, I had GS insurance for 3 years with no claims. Thy had a very comprehensive policy for us full timers and a lot of companies won't write for my F450. Last year, dropped the rig on the bed of the truck with $7500 claim. Up for renewal this month, rate increased from $1200/year for both TV and rig, to $4500. Knew rate would go up but that was outrages, get 1/2 claim back in first year alone. Switched to Miller Insurance Agency for $2200 even with claim. Agent apologized for rate which would have been "much lower" without recent claim. Now GS won't get anything back, would have stayed if they had been anywhere near reasonable.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I can't vouch for GS insurance . . . but we have the GS Roadside Assistance . . . one use and it pays for itself!

We used it once last summer and got our one-year price out of it!

We ran out of gas in the middle of nowhere . . . and they came out and saved us!

Attachments

• OutOfGasInNebraska-IMG1198.jpg
    OutOfGasInNebraska-IMG1198.jpg
    322.4 KB · Views: 59

tjspencer

Wisconsin Chapter Leader
I've had State Farm for years now and pay $35 per month for my 5th wheel. Although I have not had to use it, it covers most everything but I did find out that if the camper was a total loss, they only pay you the "blue book" market value. I also have the Good Sam road side assistance for breakdowns and find that a "piece of mnind" for what I pay for it. I deal with wreckers all the time and I seen some tow bills in the hundreds if not thousands for tows from area services. Plus you're guaranteed a tow for both your vehicle and RV, as well as covers any vehicle you own and driver under your roof.

Paul & Nan

Well FWIW, I had GS insurance for 3 years with no claims. Thy had a very comprehensive policy for us full timers and a lot of companies won't write for my F450. Last year, dropped the rig on the bed of the truck with $7500 claim. Up for renewal this month, rate increased from $1200/year for both TV and rig, to $4500. Knew rate would go up but that was outrages, get 1/2 claim back in first year alone. Switched to Miller Insurance Agency for $2200 even with claim. Agent apologized for rate which would have been "much lower" without recent claim. Now GS won't get anything back, would have stayed if they had been anywhere near reasonable.

We just took GS insurance yesterday on TV, 5th wheel, and our 01 Blazer for $1700 for a year. that was $300 per year less than USAA for better coverage. With USAA we were not sure what we were covered for with the fiver, no one there could ever really tell us.

Dtesh

We had good Sam and learned there premiums were higher than other carriers we went with national interstate ,they have a replacement coverage also

SilverRhino

I spent this afternoon trying to check on coverage for a Medium Duty tow vehicle ( FL Sportchassis ). Spent an hour on the phone with the "Gecko" people, still not sure if they know what I wanted to insure. The yearly price I was quoted, for just the truck, was higher than GS ( National General ) wanted for both the truck and our BC. The coverage on the truck was better and I need to dig out the SF policy, but I think the 5th wheel coverage is better than what we currently have.

I have used SF since I as 16 yrs old......Scares me to change, but I am going to carefully look at other companies.