Dryer - is it normal?

Is it normal for a load in the dryer (1 pair jeans, 2 t-shirts) to take 1 1/2 hours to dry? We have a brand new Splendide Ariston (stackable).
We're new to RVing and this is the second day we've had the dryer going.

Ended up finding the answer to my question - I'm still flabbergasted!
From the Splendide website:
SAMPLE WASH/DRY LOADS Sample Load 1: 2-3 Bath Towels, 1 Hand Towel, 1-2 Wash Cloth(s)
Wash & Dry Cycles: Cotton Heavy Duty Regular / Dry Time: 90-110* min.

Sample Load 2: 1 Queen Flat Sheet, 1 Fitted Sheet, 2 Standard Pillow Cases
Wash & Dry Cycles: Permanent Press Regular / Dry Time: 70-90* min.

Sample Load 3: 1 Hand Towel, 1 Pair of Jeans, 1 Sweatshirt

danemayer

Hi RaynRobinW,

The dryer runs on 15 amps so it's always going to take a lot longer than a home dryer and jeans are probably the slowest to dry. That said, for 1 pair of jeans and 2 t-shirts, 1 1/2 hours might be a bit on the high side.

There's a button on the front panel for high heat/low heat. The button determines whether the dryer uses one heating element or two. If it's on low, you'll find it works much better on high. Also make sure you clean the lint trap after each use.

If you have a Kill-a-watt meter, you can verify that both heating elements are working by checking that the dryer is pulling around 14 amps.

DonnyB007

Is it normal for a load in the dryer (1 pair jeans, 2 t-shirts) to take 1 1/2 hours to dry? We have a brand new Splendide Ariston (stackable).
We're new to RVing and this is the second day we've had the dryer going.

Ended up finding the answer to my question - I'm still flabbergasted!
From the Splendide website:
SAMPLE WASH/DRY LOADS Sample Load 1: 2-3 Bath Towels, 1 Hand Towel, 1-2 Wash Cloth(s)

Sample Load 2: 1 Queen Flat Sheet, 1 Fitted Sheet, 2 Standard Pillow Cases
Wash & Dry Cycles: Permanent Press Regular / Dry Time: 70-90* min.

Sample Load 3: 1 Hand Towel, 1 Pair of Jeans, 1 Sweatshirt

Try this item

http://charmingspindryer.blogspot.ca

caissiel

The combo unit is rated at 13 amp and the stackable unit dryer is rated at 12 amps.
So I found no actual benefit using the stakable.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

caissiel

We have ours for 9 years.
Just put dirty cloths in and remove them dried.

My DW sets the time for 45 minutes. Works everytime. She is my star.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

danemayer

You just need to get into a routine where you do a few smaller loads every 3 or 4 days. We do ours while watching TV or doing something else.

ParkIt

Hi RaynRobinW,

The dryer runs on 15 amps so it's always going to take a lot longer than a home dryer and jeans are probably the slowest to dry. That said, for 1 pair of jeans and 2 t-shirts, 1 1/2 hours might be a bit on the high side.

There's a button on the front panel for high heat/low heat. The button determines whether the dryer uses one heating element or two. If it's on low, you'll find it works much better on high. Also make sure you clean the lint trap after each use.

If you have a Kill-a-watt meter, you can verify that both heating elements are working by checking that the dryer is pulling around 14 amps.
Starting to feel lucky on the w/d thing: I've got a bit of a 'hybrid' HL so some things are slightly 'off'...like the plumbing to the w/d closet where the wall wasn't cut properly so I'll need to re-cut to align the drain pipe and water lines up to the valves. There aren't any markings for the dryer vent and is has a 30 amp 125/250v outlet which I thought was slightly odd, then realized where that closet sits is right above gray water #2 tank plumbing and wiring 8" from the house circuit box, 18" to the inverter and mess-o-wiring which I can access from the basement area. Of course I'll test it first before buying a w/d and make sure its not piggy-backed onto anything else and is 30 amp so I don't end up frying the entire board. If it can carry a 30 amp load, I can get a dryer that won't take forever but will still use the retractable clothes line I installed just above the entry door over and above the fridge...I'm short and its where all the warm air gets pushed up into the bedroom. Really damp beach towels take about 20 min to dry when I just have the ceiling fan on low so jeans shouldn't take long with the dryer to finish fully drying the seams and not make them feel military starched.

I always end up with the one off cars/trucks/RV/5ers. Not intentionally but its always been in my favor :)