Gateway 3200RS

Harvey009

I recently purchased a new gateway 3200RS and haven't picked up yet and was wanting to know anything that I might need to know on anything about it ?

danemayer

Hi Harvey009,

Congratulations on your new Gateway and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

It's always a good idea to be clear on how to winterize and de-winterize. Make sure they show you where the Hot Water Heater bypass control valves are located and how to add antifreeze. Also, if you have a roll-around kitchen island, make sure you know how to secure it for travel.

I expect others will chime in with additional thoughts shortly.

shurack24

One minor thing we spotted in our PDI when we picked up our unit late last year, is that the shower track was installed backwards. IE; the drain holes were pointing to the floor side of the shower instead of pointing to the tub side of the shower. I hear this from a number of people, it was an easy fix for to make on the spot. Just one thing to check.
Good luck and enjoy.

jimpav

Hi Gateway folks. We are at the Urbanna National, and have just traded our Eagle Ridge for a Gateway, 3200. It's being delivered tomorrow. Does anyone know if an alignment is performed at the factory for the correct track......or is that something that you have to get done on your own???

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I doubt they do it at the factory. I have heard here on the forum it's best to do it after it's loaded.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danemayer

The Lippert CorrectTrack team was at the Goshen Rally last year. They recommended checking the alignment with the RV loaded the way it'll be when you're going down the road.

jimpav

IS there a procedure located someplace on the forum that explains how to check/adjust the correct track??

danemayer

The procedure to check uses a laser with a pinbox mount and reflectors that go against the tires. Camping World charges $99 last I checked and sometimes has a coupon for $49.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jimpav

It makes sense to check the alignment when loaded, as does weighing the trailer for the same reason. If it's not feasible to do it at the factory, then I would expect the dealer upon the PDI to perform it.

danemayer

It makes sense to check the alignment when loaded, as does weighing the trailer for the same reason. If it's not feasible to do it at the factory, then I would expect the dealer upon the PDI to perform it.
Most dealers aren't trained on the Correct Track alignment and don't have the equipment. Lippert has focused on Camping World and some others.