Drawer Catches

Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping Drawers closed while traveling. We have a 2013 Key Largo and so far the drawer under the Refrigerator has shed its Ball Bearings by slamming out during travel, the kitchen drawers are always open and against the island after road Travel and on our last trip, we found the entire Desk slideout in the middle of the floor and the drawer slides mangled beyond redemption. I've adjusted some of the drawer catches so that you need 2 hands to open them (which is not a preferable option). Has anyone come up with some other way to ensure drawers stay closed while on the road?

caissiel

I added more catches. The below fridge drawer now has 3. We got use to pulling it.
Never experienced that much problems in all the rough roads we do travel. Our desk drawers have keyed locks. It could be applied to others but a lock hole has to be used. Not to popular procedure.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

dbbls59

We noticed before we took delivery the drawer under the fridge pulled out very easy. Had the dealer install another catch and so far it has only came out once during our travels.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
No matter what we do, our kitchen drawers always slide out while traveling.

The only thing I can tell you is to devise a way to lock them so they don't slide out.

I put hook and loop latches on ours to keep them from sliding out.

I had to do this in our old Coachman TT as well!

wdk450

See this thread, post #8 for my fix for the big, under refrigerator drawer and the under couch drawer.
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/42281-Kitchen-drawers

Per another HOG owner's suggestion, I have velcro on the mating faces of most of the smaller drawers.

I have also converted many of the knobs on cabinets into locking knobs. Here's the link for that thread:
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/42373-Cabinet-Knob-Travel-Closures-Modification

I still use mini bungee cords on most of the dual knob cabinets just to prevent slide disasters.

Bill - Thanks for the link. This is a fabulous idea and I love creative solutions that take a little work to make but are so ingenious and simple. Looks like I'll be heading to Home Depot to start a new project. ]
Ernie.