Question for Road Warrior Owners???

HornedToad

I'm looking at buying a RW415 or a CY39500.

One thing I noticed the Cyclones have 82 Grey (two 41s) 1 = kitchen/rear sink & 1 = front bath and 82 Black (two 41s). 1 = rear toilet & 1 = front toilet???

It seems that most of the Road Warrior models have three holding tanks... So am I right to understand that one of the Greys drains the kitchen, rear bath sink & toilet so it's really a black. ie on the Road Warriors with 82 Grey (two 41s) 1 = front bath & 1 = kitchen, rear bath /toilet and one 41 Black 1 = front toilet???

Am I correct to assume the Road Warrior only has one dump compared to the two on a Cyclone???

If I understand correctly my question would be...

Have you had any issues with the second Grey tank that also drains the rear toilet???

I'm not worried about the capacity as I never fill the kitchen grey and always top off the shower grey. In fact I would probably prefer having only one dump, instead of two.

Most of our trips involve tailgating/boon docking so the function of the holding tanks is important to me. DW really likes the RW415... and I want to make sure there no problems with the way the holding tanks are set up.

Mark-Mullin

I have the RW415 it has three dumps rear is black,toilet not sure about kitchen front dumps black toilet 2nd front dumps shower and kitchen I think. Have only used the trailer twice as yet but am very pleased so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

HornedToad

Thanks Mark, good to hear your happy with the RW415.

So it seems on the RW415 there are 3 waste valves, (one pull handle for each tank) but how many bayonets, (where you hook up the sewer hose)... one or two.

When you dump do all three valves go down by hooking the sewer hose up once, or do you have to move the sewer hose to another bayonet to dump all the tanks???

I'm trying to figure out what to look for when I get to the dealers lot. We sat on a RW415 this past weekend without a salesman. DW liked it and this question came up as I researched the RW415 on the forum. This weekend I want to be ready to look under the hood and maybe drive one home.

Heathcote4

We have a 390 there are three valves, two grey aWnd one black. There is one connection for the dump hose in the front and one in the back. I believe the back tank is for the W/D as I have no rear bathroom. There is a valve pull in the back for that hook up.

Josh Heathcote

Mark-Mullin

There are two bayonetes one in the rear one in the front,about 15 feet apart but not a big deal to deal with. Valves are not clearly labeled or not labeled at all actually.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

travis_g

I have a 415. There are three handles and two dumps. The front bayonet is for the front bathroom and is has a grey and black tank. The back bayonet is a black tank for the kitchen and half bath.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

DesertThumper

I have a 415. There are three handles and two dumps. The front bayonet is for the front bathroom and is has a grey and black tank. The back bayonet is a black tank for the kitchen and half bath.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
We have the 400 and the grey tank layout is the same as what Travis listed. 7 times out for diapered camping. Bought in August 2013. No problems. Both units you are considering are great trailers.

szewczyk_john

I have the 305rw. I to have three tanks and three valves but only one connection. Two grey and one black. I have never had any issues but if you look on this forum there seems to be a problem with the cable connecting the pull handle to the valve. It tends to break right at the valve where the cable connects closest to the tanks. I use the "GEO method" for my tanks and I believe that this helps to lubricate the valves as well. We love our Road Warrior as others have said.

HornedToad

Thank you for the replies gentlemen.

With so many positive responses from Road Warrior owners, any concerns that I may have had about the holding tanks appear unfounded.

Heathcote, to answer your post from a different thread... I am about to plunk down more than I paid for my first house on a Road Warrior,
obviously I have confidence in the brand, the most important feature to me... it has a Heartland badge on the side!!!