Trouble Lighting Amana Oven

jbeletti

Hi all,

Anyone having trouble lighting their oven? Mine is the oven that comes with the 3 sealed burner Amana range.

The stove burners light with a turn of the igniter button but the oven requires an assist from a long butane lighter.

I had problems with the oven in my last trailer too. I have used this oven in the past but at time - way hard to get going. Stove burners work fine.

Anyone have the same issue or have some ideas?

Jim

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Jim,

I have the same problem with my oven. It took two lighters to get it up and running last time. I think you may have to light it in the pilot position and you have to push in on the knob. The last time I had it in to the dealer, I had them check it and it lit right off for them. Still woring to develop the right touch. (My last TT would light in any setting on the oven)

Phil

Gary F

Had same issue with mine. Like Phil mentioned, pushing in on the oven burner knob and holding it in is the key. Also I notice if air gets into the gas line as a result of changing the LP tanks or having the LP tanks shut off during trailer storage seems to aggravate the lighting process.

Last edited:

jbeletti

Phil/Gary,

I am such an idiot. I have a 3-ring binder with all my manuals in it and could not find it that morning with all the bedding, cushions etc. strewn about (camping with the kids and they were still asleep).

Anyway, yep, lit right off when I held the knob in. Thanks for the reminder on this.

Still having fun (and contributing to the local economy!) in the Dells. Kids take the Amtrak back to St. Paul later today.

Jim

Attachments

• jim_and_Emme_forum.jpg
    jim_and_Emme_forum.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 12