Splendide 2100XC trouble code fix

Mizmary

We noticed the dryer was a bit less efficient and then we started getting a fault code. The dryer would stop and the first, second and fourth led light flashed slowly while the lock button flashed quickly. This is the fault code 13.

After doing some research we cleaned out the large item trap at the bottom as well as cleaned the vent line of any vent. The dryer worked a couple more times and then we got the fault code again.

I called and talked to a great guy who sent me instructions for cleaning out any excess the lint from the washer should you encounter the issue.

---------
1. Start the unit without clothes with DRY CYCLE OFF on cycle 11. Wait for the water to stop filling the drum press and hold the start button until all the lights come on then release the button. If the drum is not at least half full, repeat this step. Until it is. (We noticed that if you have the drain tube too low, the water will run out - so make sure you followed the directions and didn't shove too much hose into your drain).

2. Move the cycle knob to #2, with extra rinse selected. Let it run through the complete cycle.

Run through these steps three times.

------------

If you get that fault and it still comes up after this, call them and let them know, for sure.

Basically, you are filling the drum so full of water it forces the lint that can get trapped in the drum and in front of the fan blowers to slosh out of the way. When I talked to him I asked about it and he said its a good idea to do this as part of any of your scheduled maintenance program, especially if you are a full-timer. Between each cycle I did take the time to wipe out the drum to get rid of the lint.

I hope someone finds this helpful. We will probably run this once a month or so since we wash so many clothes! 😁