heartland big country converter

Does anyone know which converter is in a 2009 Heartland Big County 3250ts? I have the book Inteli Power 9200 but can't find which 9200 is in the fifth wheel and I believe I need a new converter. Thanks for your help.

Garypowell

Certainly some who might know the exact answer will write but in the meantime if you need to replace it pull down the basement wall and see what amperage you have. I would shop around and look at other brands out there.....and again I am sure others will chime in with their favorite brands too.

But you replace it by the amps it provides.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
In our 2008 Big Country, we had a Pregressive converter. We called progressive, they sent us a rebuilt unit for $100.00. Once I installed it and returned the defective unit, they reversed the charges so we got it free.

coffeeman

I noticed my battery wasn't charging and discovered that the breaker for the converter had tripped. It several attempts to reset the breaker but it did. I pulled the panel to check the fuses but all looked good. I noticed all the fuses had a red diode and none of these are lite. Is this because the battery is low or do I have further issues. I don't want to start pulling things apart if I don't need to thanks. BTW this is a Progessive Converter. Txs

Garypowell

Not sure how old your rig is but Progressive converters are usually good for about 4 years plus. You can leave it tripped and use a standard battery charger to see if your battery will take a charge. If it does then you either have a problem with the wiring 110volt that the converter is plugged into or the converter has gone bad "inside" somehow.

Again depending on the age of your rig it is either a warranty issue or time to go shopping. If you watch it close a standard battery charger will work until the new converter arrives.

coffeeman

Not sure how old your rig is but Progressive converters are usually good for about 4 years plus. You can leave it tripped and use a standard battery charger to see if your battery will take a charge. If it does then you either have a problem with the wiring 110volt that the converter is plugged into or the converter has gone bad "inside" somehow.

Again depending on the age of your rig it is either a warranty issue or time to go shopping. If you watch it close a standard battery charger will work until the new converter arrives.

Gary...I pulled the cover to look at the unit. PD9260c. Unplugged and plugged to another outlet and tripped the breaker. I flushed my black tank earlier and for whatever reason had some water on the commode floor, which got onto the converter I'm sure as I found some water under it. I'll give it a day or 2 to dry out and see if that was issue. If not sounds like I may have killed the unit.

wdk450

I noticed my battery wasn't charging and discovered that the breaker for the converter had tripped. It several attempts to reset the breaker but it did. I pulled the panel to check the fuses but all looked good. I noticed all the fuses had a red diode and none of these are lite. Is this because the battery is low or do I have further issues. I don't want to start pulling things apart if I don't need to thanks. BTW this is a Progessive Converter. Txs

To check this all you need to do is to "simulate" a blown fuse. You do this by pulling the fuse out of the fuseholder. The associated LED will only light if there is a swiched on load (or short to ground). For instance if the fuse is for a light circuit, turn on any light switch for that circuit, then pull the fuse. If there is voltage at the fusepanel, and the CORRECT switch is turned on, the LED should light when the fuse is pulled.

I CAN tell you that this makes for confusing voltage measurements in the circuit. You have pulled the fuse out and expect to read 0 volts on the circuit. Instead you read voltage on the circuit due to the path through the LED.

New converter Intelli-Power PD9270 and new deep cycle battery. Lights still dim. Repairman is returning tomorrow, but any suggestions would be appreciated. Neither one of us thought to check the lights before he left.

Suzanne

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Have you checked the screws on the neutral buss bar?
Be sure they are tight.

Peace
Dave