Awning question

I forgot to put my awning arm completely down on one side. This resulted in the mount (at the roof) being pushed up, pulling the mounting screws. I was able to tighten them and I put some quality sealant on the mount and around the screws. I am concerned that the screws will not have the holding power that they did before my mishap. Any suggestions? I was thinking about some screws one size larger. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Did the same thing on my Landmark.Screws tightened up and held fine for a year or so. Then this past summer at the beach one of the screws worked its way out. tried to tighten it ,but the hole in the camper had wallowed out ,I guess by the vibration from the wind and the washing machine ,that the bolt would not tighten. Ended up putting a bolt anchor in the hole and some sealer and the bolt tightened up fine. So far so good. You cannot go with a longer bolt because you will go through the inside wall. Did not want to bore the hole bigger in the mount to use a bigger bolt,so I went with the bolt anchor and the original bolt.The outside wall is so thin ,maybe Heartland needs to think of a way to screw these bolts into more than just the outside wall. Anyway mine is fine for now.

jpmorgan37

Mix up some two part epoxy and fill the holes. Wait 24 hours and redrill the holes to the correct size and put your screws back in. Make sure to get the epoxy deep into the hole.

John