MOtorcycle Wheel Chock????

Hey Guys, I have just pulled the trigger on a 2012 Cyclone 3010 and we love it. But I need to install some wheel chocks for my bikes....GL 1500 and a Suzuki Burgman. What have ya'll installed that is removeable? I need something that I can put in and take out because my wonderful better half has decided that she needs a sewing room when it is not housing our bikes.....;) Go figure. ....Thanks for your help. :)driftertex

danemayer

Hi Driftertex,

Congratulations on the Cyclone and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I'm sure you'll get some good advice shortly.

Hippy

Look into the BIKER BAR. I installed it in my 3110 and works great. Expensive, however well worth it. Easy to install.

remoandiris

IIRC, Biker Bar is for Harley's only. Check out the Condor. I have a Condor clone (sold by Harbor Freight) for my GL1500.

DocFather

//heartlandowners.org/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by remoandiris //heartlandowners.org/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png
IIRC, Biker Bar is for Harley's only. Check out the Condor. I have a Condor clone (sold by Harbor Freight) for my GL1500.

Calling the hf thing a clone is a bit of a stretch.

Porthole, you are correct. The chock offered by Harbor Freight is a "Pittsburgh Motorcycles" poor imitation of the Condor brand and is an accident waiting to happen. I have no experience with the IIRC Biker Bar but have heard good reports.

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I have a Bike-Pro which requires loosening 2 bolts to remove the upper portion of the chock. A steel plate is all that's left on the floor when the chock is removed.
You still need to put straps on the bike but the chock holds the bike well while you tie it down.
Here's an installation video

Hey guys, Good info. I will check them all out. Another question is about the garage floor. What is the middle section of the floor. Is it wood or something else?

DocFather

Hey guys, Good info. I will check them all out. Another question is about the garage floor. What is the middle section of the floor. Is it wood or something else?

The sub-floor in my 4100 is 1" plywood. I used four 1 1/4" lag screws to snug the Condor chock to the floor. It does not need top be tight to the floor. It just needs to not shift on the floor. The tie-down D-rings are rated at 1500 lbs each. I hope that helps.

Thanks Doc and all who replied....I have been reading all of the info on wheel chocks and have learned what I think I need. Great place and I will be back. Thanks all.