New North Trail NT 21FBS

'Lil Guy'

Just purchased my 1st TT. Was picking it up this past Saturday and it wasn't quite ready. Rear electric stabilizers weren't working. Wanting to store at our farm when not in use. Being a Newbie, my question is how to protect the finish on the unit? Thinking of getting a cover but am confused by the reviews. It appears the Goldline is the best. Any thoughts as to which one is best. I'll build a carport in the near future but still want a cover for it. Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and have a great day.

d_fergie

Yes Congrats, I love my 22FBS and am hoping to take it out this weekend weather permitting (wind)...
I need to treat my exterior also.

pegmikef

Most of the folks I have seen use covers here in west Texas have had to get rid of them after a year or two because of the sun rot and winds. We don't cover ours, but it is under a tree which provides some protection from the sun. Never have had any problems, but we do keep the rig well waxed and the tires covvered.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I've thought about getting a cover for our trailer, but after reading endless online reviews I've decided not to.

While I'd like to protect it from the elements . . . it is, after all, a camper that is supposed to be used in the elements!

While I'm worried about hail damage and such . . . somehow I doubt a cover would be much protection against hail damage.

And, after all . . . isn't that what insurance is for?

I've read more horror stories about having a cover on the trailer than not having one.

All that being said . . . one of my neighbors keeps a cover on his 5th. wheel during the winter and loves it.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
If your in an area that gets much wind, I would suggest skipping the cover unless you plan to inspect the cover frequently. I store my TT in an area that has a number of people that use covers. So far, Everything stored this winter with a cover now has no cover on it, just the straps that secured it. Even the new covers were torn off my January from those that started using a cover in October or November.
The boats stored with covers all lost their covers fabric covers this winter. The only ones still covered are those that used the shrink wrap.

d_fergie

Most of the folks I have seen use covers here in west Texas have had to get rid of them after a year or two because of the sun rot and winds. We don't cover ours, but it is under a tree which provides some protection from the sun. Never have had any problems, but we do keep the rig well waxed and the tires covvered.
About 150 miles from them, same thing about Sun/wind here in NM ...