Site - backing at night

MTPockets

A really good idea - Watched a late arrival prepare to back into a site in the dark. He had two battery powered lights/lantern. He placed one on top of the power pole, the other on the picnic table. Backed between the lights like it was a pull thru.... Nice job and a cool idea.

scottyb

A really good idea - Watched a late arrival prepare to back into a site in the dark. He had two battery powered lights/lantern. He placed one on top of the power pole, the other on the picnic table. Backed between the lights like it was a pull thru.... Nice job and a cool idea.

That's a great idea. It's amazing what we can learn, both good and bad, by observing others.

stevenssr

Back-in sites at night are always tough. For me, it's back a few feet, get out look, back a few more feet, get out and look (on and on). I'm extra careful at night looking for low hanging trees and trying not to get off the concrete pad. This is a good idea. I've got two LED lanterns, but never thought of using them for this. I think I may put them on the rear corners of the pad and try and stay between them. Thanks for sharing!

Scott

caissiel

I put my scare lights on and the DW watches the back. If trees around she is watching the tree. I watch both sides with mirror. No way rear lights helps me.
But more important I park at WM and arrive at daylight.
Never parked at night since retired 9 years ago.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

DonnyB007

I put my scare lights on and the DW watches the back. If trees around she is watching the tree. I watch both sides with mirror. No way rear lights helps me.
But more important I park at WM and arrive at daylight.
Never parked at night since retired 9 years ago.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

I purchased two sets of (2) red LED emergency beacons and they are fabulous for backing up and I have used them for several other occasions too. But I do like the idea of the LED lanterns. I Already have one and will buy one more and give it a shot. Thanks for the neat idea power post and picnic table!

dix36

Never have tried it but I had a tip relayed to me on this. An oldtimer said he carried a strip of rope lighting which he would hook up and roll out on the driver's side parallel to where he wanted to park. Sounded like a great idea to me!

jnbhobe

I have a pair of trapizoid tractor lights mounted about 8ft in front of the wheels. They are hooked to the backup lights and lite up where the wheels are and the area behind the rig.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
On our last camper I wired up some porch lights and mounted them up under the running lights. Ran them to a switch on the right rear corner. The wife would get out, flip the switch, and walla! I could see her and where I needed to go. Came in handy for those campgrounds we go to where the picnic and the river are behind the pad too.