Awning mildews in storage

We live in Florida and our awning tends to mildew after being stored for several weeks. Even though we always open and let the awning dry out after each trip, the awning always begins to mildew shortly after we store it. Is there anything that we can do to lessen or eliminate this short of storing the unit under a building structure? Any suggestions would be great!

jpmorgan37

As long as it is rolled up and there is moisture present, it has a chance to mildew. I lived in Florida for a number of years and that was one of the "joys" that we had there. One thing that I found that helped was to wash both sides of the awning with a mild clorax solution, let it dry thoroughly and then roll it up. That will kill the mold spores and should keep it mildew free for several months.

John

driver311

i use bleach and TSP with some laundry soap . it will keep the mold and mildew off for about 6 months. this is the formula taught to me by a fl. house cleaning company. u can use this any place on your trailer it wont hurt the finish.

driver311:):)

TSP--trysodiumphospate or close, get at any big box store