ATF: Landmark - fender brace

bob34787

O.K on to the next question, while cleaning some of the rust off my new San Antonio I came across a spot where a fender brace used to be, it would be in the middle of the slide that has the TV in it, this one is completely rusted off and missing, whereas the other one was only rusted and still partially attached, so the question is can I get a new one or do i have to rely on Camping World for this? I cannot believe the amount of rust on this thing, even some of the body trim had fallen off due to the screws rusted off, the ladder screws look like it was parked in the ocean for a month, every head is rusted.

bob34787

kind of a shame to have to do this to a new Rv, but I do not really have a lot of faith in the camping world store (Kissimmee, florida) to do the work and the Camping world near me is not authorized to do warranty work.

danemayer

On simple things Heartland is usually pretty good about sending you parts directly and letting you do the install. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready.

Birchwood

Coastal Florida is tough on ferrous materials.We spray all metal on our Landmark with Fluid Film and after 5 winters down here have had zero rust issues.I have seen more rust on new Landmarks sitting at the dealers than on our Landmark.

caissiel

I have replaced most screws to stainless. The ones I removed that had rust on them. Also caulked them all as stainless can cause corrosion on aluminum if moisture is involved.
Did that to all my previous units as we keep them for 15 years or more.
No use getting service dept. doing that, they just stock the white RV screws.

Sent from my LG-LS720 using Tapatalk

Coastal Florida is tough on ferrous materials.We spray all metal on our Landmark with Fluid Film and after 5 winters down here have had zero rust issues.I have seen more rust on new Landmarks sitting at the dealers than on our Landmark.

This is also a bad time to have one built. After seeing all the units after the Tampa show (6 yrs ago) that had rust all over them, we decided to wait until July to order. This wasn't only Heartland units. The frames are transported in the weather, very possibly thru salt-covered roads this time of year to the factory. I don't believe the frames are painted by Lippert, and the steel is bare when they get it. Ours is showing very little surface rust on the frame and springs, and the axles still look great 5.5 yrs later.

bob34787

I am in the center of the state, corrosion is non-existant here.

wdk450

How about fashioning a fender brace from aluminum stock you can get at home improvmement centers?

bob34787

I suppose I could but i am going to see if Heartland will just send me one as I am sure metal would react the same way wood does when I come in contact with it, seems to just go right to sawdust.

bob34787

called the factory and spoke to a greg, total waste of time, they do not warranty rust, that is a bunch of ****.

Last edited by a moderator: