Towing a BC 3950 FB

mcady3430

I have a question on towing the 3950 FB we just bought. I currently have a 2011 4x4 2500 HD Silverado crew cab with the 6.6 duramax. From what I have read it looks like the max is 16,700 max for a 5vr. I plan on adding the airbag suspension for the rear to help as well. Does anyone see an issue with this setup?

Mark

lynndiwagoner

You might also think about upgrading to 19.5" wheels and tires. I imagine you will be over or very close to your max tire capacity. I didn't weigh my 3650RL but I'm betting I'm pushing 3000 lbs pin weight. With the new wheels and tires I've now pulled the rig a couple of thousand miles, through windy, rainy conditions with very good results. Very stable. I also added the Airlift 5000 air bag system.

oscar

I have a question on towing the 3950 FB we just bought. I currently have a 2011 4x4 2500 HD Silverado crew cab with the 6.6 duramax. From what I have read it looks like the max is 16,700 max for a 5vr. I plan on adding the airbag suspension for the rear to help as well. Does anyone see an issue with this setup?

Mark

You're going to be close, if not over. They ONLY way to know your dry weight is to read the yellow sticker on the specific unit. The ONLY way to know your loaded weight is to weigh the rig on a scale, with and without the trailer hooked up. This will give you weight on each axle, the weight of the total rig, the truck, the fiver and the pin weight.

Your owners manual also lists a GCVWR (Gross Combined Vehicle Weight Rating) which should also not be exceed.

You will be happier with a dually pulling this. If you need bags or sway bars etc etc to make it work you are over. Period.