What does that go to?

We just purchased a new 2013 Big Horn 3570RS, and we are new members to the Heartland Owners Club. Since the dealer we purchase our Big Horn from deals in various other RV makers I have not been able to get two simple questions answered. #1 How do I turn off the step light, or is it suppose to stay on. If it stays on then I assume it is not run by 12 volt. #2 On the main cabin panel to all the electrical switches there is a switch above the slide switches. I have no idea what that controls. Some help here would be appreciated. Thanks

Nick & Michele
South Dakota

jimtoo

Hi Nick and Michele,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Look at the front of the bottom step just inside the door and see if you have a switch or two there. If so, one may control the outside step light and if two, the other may control the inside light just above the door. Or if you have the remote control for outside lights you may have to use the fob to turn off the step light.

The light switch in the main panel.. does it have a red switch handle?? If so it controls the 120v to the electric side of the water heater.. make sure the heater is full of water before turning it on, the unit will burn out very quickly if not in water. If the switch does not have a red handle then it may turn on/off the outside power outlet for awning lights or whatever.

Let us know what you find. Enjoy the forum and your new toy. Join us at a rally when you get thawed out.

Jim M

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
If you have a fob/remote for the slides, etc there is also a button for the light under the door behind the steps. It draws 12v from your battery. If your BH panel is like mine then the unmarked switch is for the LED light strip under the awning. Mine was not marked either!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pegmikef

If you have a fob/remote for the slides, etc there is also a button for the light under the door behind the steps. It draws 12v from your battery. If your BH panel is like mine then the unmarked switch is for the LED light strip under the awning. Mine was not marked either!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yep, same for my BH. There is no switch for the stair light besides the one on the remote control and unmarked switch is the for the LED lights.