Converter Unplugged - Thanks for troubleshooting info

Invizatu

Senior Road Warriors
While getting something out of the belly today, I turned on my inverter to see what the battery voltage was as we had dry camped the previous 6 days. We had been hooked up to 50 amp service for about 20 hours and the inverter said 11.7 volts!
I jumped on the forum and the owners manuals and it said to check the breaker and check the converter for output. Breaker O.K. so I took down the belly wall and found the converter plug had come out of the socket. Plugged in and all is well again. (put a wire tie on it to keep it from falling out again)

Quick and easy, thanks to all who contribute! :angel:

Bret

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
While getting something out of the belly today, I turned on my inverter to see what the battery voltage was as we had dry camped the previous 6 days. We had been hooked up to 50 amp service for about 20 hours and the inverter said 11.7 volts!
I jumped on the forum and the owners manuals and it said to check the breaker and check the converter for output. Breaker O.K. so I took down the belly wall and found the converter plug had come out of the socket. Plugged in and all is well again. (put a wire tie on it to keep it from falling out again)

Quick and easy, thanks to all who contribute! :angel:

Bret

Ours came unplugged on the trip from the dealer to a campground the first night out in it. It was fun crawaling in the basement at 11:00 at night after we noticed the lights going dim! No problems since though.

wdk450

On checking the battery system voltage:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mini-Lithiu...878?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item23370a2056
I bought 2 of these (they are cheap) small voltmeter readouts, and wired (soldered) 1 in paralell with the systems monitor "Test" switch so it comes on and displays the battery system voltage whenever I push the systems monitor "Test" switch. This gives you an exact digital readout of the voltage. I mounted the display next to the systems monitor.
I put the other one in the hydraulic pump area with the negative wire attached to a negative terminal. If I want to see the voltage there (without lowering the steps and going inside) I just touch the voltmeter's positive (Red) wire to a positive supply terminal on the hydraulic pump relay.

olcoon

While installing the EMS on our rig, I thought this may be a future issue, and took a zip tie & zip tied the plug into the outlet.