2015 Arizona Chapter Rally Planning

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
AZ CHAPTER RALLY IN QUARTZSITE " 2015".

In the next couple of weeks, I will be posting the Quartzsite Rally for Jan 21-25 2015. The AZ Rally schedule will be in conjunction with the largest RV show in the world that is held every year in Quartzsite AZ. The show will actually run from Jan 17 -25 2015. I have booked our Rally an extra day to make it a 4 day Rally vs the normal Thur - Sun. I will drive up next week and confirm everything and have also worked out arrangements for us to use the club house for our activities and Pot Luck dinner. You will be able to bring alcohol into this facility with the CONDITION WE MUST CLEAN UP THE FACILITY AFTER OUR FUNCTION. This means emptying the trash cans of all beer cans etc. The price for the Rally will be $124.07 including full hook ups for one week, or $31.02 per day. All spaces will be back in.....they will not block the drive thrus for this large of a group.

DO NOT CALL LINDA for reservations. Once posted you will need to RSVP to me and I will work with Linda until a preselected time. After that date you will be notified to call Linda for deposit on your reservations. I want to post this Rally EARLY so we have a super turn out. The AZ Chapter members will add several more RSVPS and there is a great amount of interest from Heartland SnowBirds that have contacted me.

This posting is just a heads up....so you may plan well in advance.

More to come later.

Garry

Last edited:

SD08ER

Garry what is the name of the campground this will be held at? We are interested in seeing Quartzsite and what a better way to see it is with a bunch of Heartlanders.

Doublegranch

It will be held at the Desert Gold RV Resort....I should have the Rally posted in a week..I need to drive up there and confirm all the details. It is about a 6 hour drive one way from the ranch, so will I need to plan around their schedule as the person I am working with only works M - Thr and leaves before 4 pm....Hope this helps out.....We look forward to you joining the AZ Chapter Rally. It should be a real hoot.
Garry

Ron-Cookie

Cookie and I are anxious to spend some time at Quartzsite as well.... We drive by there on our way to and from seeing our Son in California... It is a nice place for RVs... I notice a lot of RVs are dry camping out on the desert... Anyway we are anxious to get registered for this rally as well!

TXTiger

I attended the Jan 2014 Rally at Quartzsite which was held at Desert Gold RV Resort. Nice location, had a great time. There is a gate at the back which goes into the desert for those that ride in the sand or just want to take the dog for a walk. Pool and hot tub were good too. Its about 10 miles east of the town where the main event is and parking at the event is tough. Car pooling to the main event is almost a must. Luckly I have a toy hauler and just rode my Harley into town! I hope to able to return in 2015 for this rally.

Doublegranch

I will be heading up to Quartzsite around Wed of next week to finalize our Rally Planning. The Rally should be posted by the end of next week. We have so much interest in this Rally, I feel sure we will sell out! So once you see the posting, get your RSVP into me....Remember you need to do it with me and not Desert Gold RV Resort. I will transfer all RSVP to Linda on the assigned date and after that you will be notified to contact her for your credit card confirmation. This is going to be a GREAT Rally with a mixture of a number of Chapters from all over the US.

More to come!

Garry

Doublegranch

Heading to Quartzsite tomorrow, April 1 st....Hope it isn't an April fools when I get there!!! I will post the Quartzite Rally when I get back. It is about a 600 mile round trip so don't look for it tomorrow night. If I can get a good picture I will post it on the thread. Start making your plans for Jan 2015 Quartzsite Rally.......

Garry

Doublegranch

Quartzsite Rally...Jan 21-25, 2015 has been posted.....The Rally shows up as the city where the RV Resort is located, Brenda / Salome vs Quartzsite....I am trying to fix this so as not to confuse anyone on which Rally this is....

Please RSVP on the Rally THread.....
Garry

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Garry, you can count Pat and I in. My burning question is....are we going to be scattered all over the CG again this year. Linda never puts us all together.

OBTW, ya watch out for thr "exhaust police" guy. Ask anyone that was their last year....he got me.

jbeletti

...ya watch out for the "exhaust police" guy. Ask anyone that was their last year....he got me.

I gotta ask Bob - what is he policing? Engines running excessively? Or maybe generator exhausts and whether they're piped right (genturi)?

Doublegranch

Garry, you can count Pat and I in. My burning question is....are we going to be scattered all over the CG again this year. Linda never puts us all together.

OBTW, ya watch out for thr "exhaust police" guy. Ask anyone that was their last year....he got me.

[Bob: This is one of the reasons I am handling the name list different. When I give her the name list all should be really close as one block. However, if someone books late after I give the list, then yes they may not be in the area we are located. Hope this all works out better for our group. Thanks for singing up...pm me your last name for the list to the Resort. Garry]

Doublegranch

Lost the maps on the AZ Chapter 2015 Rally for Quartzsite....was trying to bold and enlarge text and bingo...it was gone. Can anyone tell me how to get it back? Tried a number of things, but no luck....

Still learning my way around on this site.....

Thanks
Garry

Doublegranch

Email went out to all Arizona Chapter members for planning our second Rally in 2015. Let me have your input as to the timing (months) you would like to have the second Rally. Do we want to continue one in the early winter, ie Jan/Feb and one in the fall or change up our schedule. We want to plan ahead so that everyone will have ample opportunity to plan on our selected dates. Also we need to plan for one campout and our Meet n Greets....

Let me know your responses via email so we can have everything finalized and posted after our Oct 2014 Rally.