Goodbye

HornedToad

I kicked myself out of the HOC and off the Forum yesterday when I signed paperwork on an SOB TH.

I loved my Heartland trailer and wanted another one, but I couldn't find the right one on the lot and didn't want to wait on an order. I know I'll buy another Heartland product some day.

I want to thank all the Forum members for sharing their knowledge, especially the moderators. I have learned more about RV'ing in the past year on this Forum than I knew before in my five years of owning RV's.

scottyb

So long, never goodbye Horned friend. Glad I checked in one least time, before heading out to catch a plane to Tortola. This doesn't mean you can't stop by now and then. BTW, how's that west Texas wind been lately?

jimtoo

Mike,,, you don't have to say goodbye just because you bought a SOB. Just think of the folks you have met here and the knowledge they have.... You're gonna need help fixing things on the SOB also. :) So hang around a let us know how it goes.

Jim M

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
Mike,,, you don't have to say goodbye just because you bought a SOB. Just think of the folks you have met here and the knowledge they have.... You're gonna need help fixing things on the SOB also. :) So hang around a let us know how it goes.

Jim M

I second Jim's comment - no need to bail just because you purchased another brand. I doubt there are many here who base friendship on what you drive or what you tow... Good Luck and Happy Camping always!

Kevin

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yepper! You are still welcome to Heartland Rallies, too, I think there may be a small fee for non-members (like $15-30) but you are still welcome! We'd love to see you attend a Texas Rally!! The North Texas Chapter Rally in Santo, TX is coming up, April 4-6!

Erika

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Even if you did buy a SOB....you will still be welcome to any of the local rallies. So dont go away and hide, stay on the forum. Keep us up to date on your new SOB and travels.

jbeletti

Mike - wishing you much success and happy camping with the SOB. While your club membership has now ended, your forum membership has not. Let us know how things go and as others have said, bring that SOB to a Heartland "Chapter" rally anytime.

Jim

HornedToad

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

To paraphrase jimtoo...

"The Heartland Owners Forum is a great bunch of folks with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed."

HornedToad

First trip out in our SOB TH...
Tailgating the Texas Tech spring scrimmage in Midland, Texas.
BBQ for lunch and Crawfish dump for dinner!!!

IMGP0324.jpg

PS Tech Won!!!

Attachments

• IMGP0347.jpg
    IMGP0347.jpg
    334.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMGP0348.jpg
    IMGP0348.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 125
  • IMGP0328.jpg
    IMGP0328.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 107
  • IMGP0333.jpg
    IMGP0333.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 107
  • IMGP0346.jpg
    IMGP0346.jpg
    340.9 KB · Views: 107

d_fergie

Nice! I was over there last year when they scrimmaged, but was watching Softball... might go in a couple weeks to watch Howard play Midland.

alex00

First trip out in our SOB TH...
Tailgating the Texas Tech spring scrimmage in Midland, Texas.
BBQ for lunch and Crawfish dump for dinner!!!

View attachment 29048

PS Tech Won!!!
It's not even lunch time and your pics are making me drool. Thanks! HAHA. Is that the 3895? My sister in law has the 3800 and loves it. I considered the 3970 but the Cyclone 4000 kept drawing me back.

HornedToad

It's not even lunch time and your pics are making me drool. Thanks! HAHA. Is that the 3895? My sister in law has the 3800 and loves it. I considered the 3970 but the Cyclone 4000 kept drawing me back.

Camping & Cooking are my hobbies!!! My SOB is basically the same floorplan as a CY3800, I'm glad to hear your in law likes hers.

I read were you picked up your new CY4000, I know it was worth the wait... that floorplan had the best seating arrangement of all the trailers we looked over. Take it easy on the landscaping getting it in your driveway!!!

alex00

Camping & Cooking are my hobbies!!! My SOB is basically the same floorplan as a CY3800, I'm glad to hear your in law likes hers.

I read were you picked up your new CY4000, I know it was worth the wait... that floorplan had the best seating arrangement of all the trailers we looked over. Take it easy on the landscaping getting it in your driveway!!!

Just a few more trees and it'll be a straight shot! I absolutely love my floor plan. I'm glad you found a trailer you liked, your brand sure got the fireplace surround right. That was a major draw for me. I like that faux stone a lot.

oldmannj

Just a few more trees and it'll be a straight shot! I absolutely love my floor plan. I'm glad you found a trailer you liked, your brand sure got the fireplace surround right. That was a major draw for me. I like that faux stone a lot.
OK NOW THAT"S FUNNY !!!! ED. :angel:

rangetime

Wow , being an relatively new RV'er , about 6 years with just little trailers . Your post says a lot for Heartland and this forum . I look forward to learning more about bigger trailer towing and Rv'ing in Canada and the US ,.. From reading on here and hope to talk to members on the trail soon ,.

All the best !

Dolores & Mark