Winterization access.

oscar

Sorry, don't have a picture but can do if someone REALLY needs to help visualize.

Living in cold country and traveling in and out of warm country we winterize several times a year, in fact I may be doing it tomorrow again. (FL to PA):(

I got tired of having to have the screw gun ready and removing the 4 screws to get to the back of the water heater. So, I put two hinges on the left side of the panel, and a simple latch on the right. Under $4.00 and now it's a door.

Simple, yet elegant….. :cool:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Pictures are always good! We like to see people modify to help solve problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piet10

I have a 2011 Greystone and it's a long reach to the WH from the basement. It is close to the cabinet under the TV. I unscrewed the lower panel in the cabinet under the TV, put on 2 strips of Velcro and two knobs. Now when I winterize its just a matter of pulling the interior panel and the WH is right there.

Al
HOC #2260

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
I have a 2011 Greystone and it's a long reach to the WH from the basement. It is close to the cabinet under the TV. I unscrewed the lower panel in the cabinet under the TV, put on 2 strips of Velcro and two knobs. Now when I winterize its just a matter of pulling the interior panel and the WH is right there.

Al
HOC #2260

Great! Post a pic of this, too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rrloren

Al
HOC #2260

Did the same thing, sure beats taking screws out every time.