LED Tail Light Replacement

stevenssr

I replaced the OEM tail lights today (while out at the lake) with LED tail lights. Easy mod. They literally pop out (with a little pulling) and the new plug matched up with the existing wiring perfectly. I did reuse the original grommets though. They appear thicker and maybe a little more appropriate. Here is where I bought the lights:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19088554962...iewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:US:1120&vxp=mtr

Here is a picture of how it ended up. Everything looks and works great! Even seems to match the brightness and style of the led clearance lights at the top.

IMG_0975.jpg

Scott

jdamude

I replaced the OEM tail lights today (while out at the lake) with LED tail lights. Easy mod. They literally pop out (with a little pulling) and the new plug matched up with the existing wiring perfectly. I did reuse the original grommets though. They appear thicker and maybe a little more appropriate. Here is where I bought the lights:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/19088554962...iewitem=&sspagename=ADME:L:OU:US:1120&vxp=mtr

Here is a picture of how it ended up. Everything looks and works great! Even seems to match the brightness and style of the led clearance lights at the top.

View attachment 28946

Scott

Thanks for the info. I want to do the same with our 3650rl.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Looking good! I did the same mod on my BH with similar lights I got at Harbor Freight for about the same price. They are probably 300% brighter than the stock tail lights. Trace

stevenssr

I thought I recognized it! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! My usual weekend trips like this are Tawakoni, Cooper, Bob Sandlin, Texhoma, Lavon. When I get a little time off, I'll venture out a little further (like Oklahoma, Arkansas, or Louisiana).

Bob Vaughn

Looking good! I did the same mod on my BH with similar lights I got at Harbor Freight for about the same price. They are probably 300% brighter than the stock tail lights. Trace
I pulled out one of my tail lights and it has 3 wires, I went to Harbor Freight and looked at the lights there and they only had 2 wires......so I did not bring them home....

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Are there any LED bulbs that replace the stock light bulb that just fit in the fixtures without having to replace the taillights or indoor light fixtures?

JanAndBill

View attachment 28946

Scott

I like this, I've been thinking of doing the same on ours.

GOTTOYS

I pulled out one of my tail lights and it has 3 wires, I went to Harbor Freight and looked at the lights there and they only had 2 wires......so I did not bring them home....
Bob I installed Harbor Freight lights on my 2011... 3250. Don't remember if there was a 3rd wire or not. All of these tailights are standard as they are used for semi trailers as well. I am sure they will work on your trailer as well. Your existing lights will only have two two terminals where the lights plug in...Don

So I have a 2013 BH 3370RK. The tail lights seem to be one piece, with 3 wires and no visible plug. The wires go into the body somewhere. Does this mean I have to change the whole light assembly or not?

TIA Paul

danemayer

So I have a 2013 BH 3370RK. The tail lights seem to be one piece, with 3 wires and no visible plug. The wires go into the body somewhere. Does this mean I have to change the whole light assembly or not?

TIA Paul
Hi retiredpilot,

Welcome to the posting side of the forum. No doubt you'll get some answers shortly.