ATF: Trail Runner - Radio Powers on But No Sound

ORBMN

Brand new 2013 19 SLE and I have been working with the radio. Powers up but there is nothing, no sound. Have attached Ipod etc. to it and nothing. It does recognize the songs on the Ipod but again no sound. Any ideas other than the speaker wires not being hooked up? That is my thought.

123camper

Re: ATF: North Country - Radio Powers on But No Sound

Speakers selected? A,B,C?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ORBMN

Mute button was off. Only one pair of speakers in this small Travel Trailer and they are located over the dinette. By the way Thanks for the replies.

Dober2004

On ours (Cyclone 3100) the radio did not work when we picked it up either. They had forgotten to attach the antenna wires. We did get static though thru the speakers. I am surprised though that our audio units do not recognize our Iphones for music with the USB port.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

Brand new 2013 19 SLE and I have been working with the radio. Powers up but there is nothing, no sound. Have attached Ipod etc. to it and nothing. It does recognize the songs on the Ipod but again no sound. Any ideas other than the speaker wires not being hooked up? That is my thought.

If you aren't picking up many radio stations you'll probably have to pull the unit out of the wall and stretch the diapole antenna out.

Ours was rolled up in a ball with a rubber band around it and barely picked up any radio stations and stuffed in the cabinet behind the unit.

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg

ORBMN

I think the unit will have to be pulled out. I don't even get static. There is nothing. No sound at all. Thanks to all of you.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...

I think the unit will have to be pulled out. I don't even get static. There is nothing. No sound at all. Thanks to all of you.

If you have the Jensen unit like ours (in the photo just to the right of the TV in my above post), it is only four screws and the whole thing comes out of the wall!

I think mine has those screws with the square hole (instead of flathead or phillips) . . . which seems to be an RV special screw!

I bought a screwdriver with that head several years ago as our old trailer had those kind of screws everywhere inside and out, and our Trail Runner has a lot of them as well.

I use it a lot . . .

priorguy

It's not an RV special screw. It's a Canadian made Robertson screw from Milton Ontario. Henry Ford chose the Philips screw for the Model T because Robertson wouldn't sell the patent. Quite an interesting story and a better product IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pegmikef

You have to carefully pry off the two plastic pieces of trim off the sides of the unit to access the screws. They just snap off.