Explore USA (Kyle,Tx)

Hunter11

My wife and I are looking at selling our Crossroads Cruiser and buying a Heartland Big Country 3250TS. We have a Heartland dealer, Explore USA that has a dealership about 5 miles from our house in Kyle, Tx. I was trying to find out if anyone has bought from them and if so how they were treated and how willing were they to deal on there Big Country 5th wheels? Also how is their service department if you need service? I have read mostly positive about them but would like to hear first hand if anyone has dealt with them. We both really like the 3250TS floor plan and hope to be able to work out a deal with them so we don't have to buy out of state at one of the internet wholesalers. Thanks in advance for any help.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I would suggest going to search , lots of threads on Explore USA....Ken

I had had experience with Explore USA Service in Kyle Tx, The service manage is Chrig Pryor, The Service is outstanding, although I purchased my 3055RE from Seguin TX location the service is performed in Kyle, Wish I live 5 miles away and not 198 miles.

Hunter11

I did do a search and have read all I can find on them both here and on rv.net. I was hoping to find some folks that have dealt with them first hand. Thanks hjdiamond2 for the information.

jpmorgan37

Hunter11

Just put Kyle Tx in your search block and you will find a some other members that have dealt with them first hand.

John

caddojay

Tired and Retired member
Hunter, we purchased our 3055RL from them in December. We were originally searching for a Carriage product and just stopped there on our way home from Port Aransas at the end of September. We dealt with Josh Nichols and he took nearly an entire day discussing options and products with us. I believe we were his first sale. He kept talking about the Amish craftsmanship and how the products they make are the best. I finally had to mention that we had seen lots of products that they didn't do a great job on. We ALMOST walked from the dealership, but not because of the salesman. We thought we had to have a Carriage, this time. After doing a lot of discussing, we decided the 3055 would work for us, and it was a bit less expensive. We wanted to get a bit smaller than our 36' unit @ 17K GVW. We researched Heartland after leaving their lot and found the Bighorn forum and found a great flow of information. We did our entire transaction by UPS and phone, since we live in the N.E. part of Texas, on the State Line at Caddo Lake. When we ordered the unit, we asked for a minor factory change and it was not a problem to alter the unit. I had NO success in discussing changes with a different dealer for Heartland in Longview Tx., and they wouldn't match the price. So we decided to go back to Kyle and do the deal. We deleted the oven and had 2 extra drawers in its place. Great idea on my wife's part. Josh kept in touch with us during the time between order and delivery. They also only needed a small down to order custom instead of $20% as some other dealers. The service manager, Chris, did an excellent job in detailing and the PDI was flawless. We're not newcomers, but they went through every system with us for 6 hours to be certain that we were comfortable. They added to the deal a solar battery charger, $100 parts credit, 2 full propane bottles, and a vent cover over the crank vent, which I know probably was in the pricing, but our last high-end unit was like pulling teeth just to get a tank of propane. All of the people we dealt with there were very cooperative and customer oriented. We took our Doubletree to the Mesquite store for a change-out of generators from old unit to new unit, and they have an incredible store and inventory. (We could have gotten the same service in Mesquite, but had already started a relationship with the Kyle store.) The company is about 3 years old and based in Plano Tx. The owners are very responsive to customers and have absolutely EARNED our business and loyalty. They are also handling our consignment of the other unit and through their website, and other webs, showing it to any of the other stores. Since we bought from them, they are giving us a break on commission.
I will be a customer of Explore USA for the next unit in 6-7 years. When you speak to them next, just ask Josh for the same deal he gave Jay and Patti at Caddo Lake. He'll laugh, but you never know.

Eduardo37

The Grand Patriarch
Kyle, TX ExploreUSA

I bought my Big Horn 3055RL from ExploreUSA in Kyle. In fact I bought three trailers there in just a little over a year. The first was a Trailmanor 2720. After one trip I decided my TV would handle more trailer so I said if they would give me the full price I paid for the 2720 I'd trade up to a 3124. The deal was made. After a few trips in it, but less than a year later I made the same deal trading up to the 3055. I'm not deluded into thinking there wasn't some financial magic performed to swing the deal, but the point is we made a deal that we could both live with.

When it comes to service, I don't think you'll ever find a dealer that will compare. Craig, the service manager there is conscientious and sees to it you are satisfied with any repairs, and there is never any quibbling about warranty work. I only had a couple minor items, but they were always able to schedule me in right away, and completed in one day. I have made a couple small repairs on my trailer, and Craig was always willing to offer any help I needed.

My salesman has transferred to the Georgetown store so I can't recommend any salesmen for you to work with at the Kyle. If you wanted to drive to Georgetown, ask for Tommy. He'll work with you.

Hunter11

I would like to thank everyone for all the great information. In my emails to Explore USA in Kyle the person that responded to my request was Jim Koogler. We are going to look at the 3250TS and the 3300RL on Saturday to see which one we like the best. At that point we will see how willing they are to deal on ordering one with what we want on it. It does appear that 09 models are hitting dealer lots and I am interested to see what changes have been made on the 09 models over the 08's. From my research so far it does look like Heartland has as good of customer support as we have seen from Crossroads which is very important to us. Most of the RV manufactures have forgotten about that now days. Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:

GypsyBill

and Jennifer
Just as an aside from someone who has just visited a couple of ExploreUSA locations. We were ready to do business with the Seguin, TX, location when we retire and return to TX next year, but they (ExploreUSA not just the Seguin location) quit carrying the Landmark's last year (or so we we were told on our last visit). Business decision on their part I guess... hopefully we will be able to find a Landmark dealer in TX that we will be as comfortable with as we will be spending the majority of our "retired" time in that state...

Sorry to hijack the thread...

Hunter11

I found this list on the RV's for Less web site as the changes for the 09 Big Country. I intend to ask the dealer tomorrow if this is a good list or not.

Changes For 2009
Exterior Changes:
Change Color Of Graphics
Add Outside Speakers
Drop Color From Skirts And Radius Metal-Now White
Laminated, Aluminum Framed Floor
External Antenna
Electric Patio Awning (Option)

Interior Changes:
New Slide Fascia To Match Bighorn On Main Level
Oil Rubber Bronze Hardware And Pull Out Spray Faucet
New Black Glass Inserts
1.5” Wood Door Casing
Satellite Wiring Like Landmark
Ceiling Fan To Match Bighorn
Stainless Steel Sink
Full Fabric High Back Desk Chairs
Changed From Raised oak Refer Fronts To Black
Solid Surface Countertops In Kitchen And Bath
12V Received (Jenson)
27” LCD Is Now Optional
New Style Soffet Overhead
Bone Color Porcelain Sink in bathroom (Replace White)
New Bedspread
New Headboard

navyAZ1

I found this list on the RV's for Less web site as the changes for the 09 Big Country. I intend to ask the dealer tomorrow if this is a good list or not.

Changes For 2009
Exterior Changes:
Change Color Of Graphics
Add Outside Speakers
Drop Color From Skirts And Radius Metal-Now White
Laminated, Aluminum Framed Floor
External Antenna
Electric Patio Awning (Option)

Interior Changes:
New Slide Fascia To Match Bighorn On Main Level
Oil Rubber Bronze Hardware And Pull Out Spray Faucet
New Black Glass Inserts
1.5” Wood Door Casing
Satellite Wiring Like Landmark
Ceiling Fan To Match Bighorn
Stainless Steel Sink
Full Fabric High Back Desk Chairs
Changed From Raised oak Refer Fronts To Black
Solid Surface Countertops In Kitchen And Bath
12V Received (Jenson)
27” LCD Is Now Optional
New Style Soffet Overhead
Bone Color Porcelain Sink in bathroom (Replace White)
New Bedspread
New Headboard

Hey Keith, sounds like you're getting some good info and the dealer you're looking at sounds pretty good too! Good Luck and we'll check in with you when we're coming thru Texas this summer. Sounds like they have upgraded the BC where there isn't a great deal of difference between it and the BH.:D

Oldlthrnecksgirl

Hisyoungercuterwife
We have some warranty work to be done, once my DH finishes working 7 days a week, 13 hour days (not too conducive to hauling up). I contacted Heartland directly because we bought our fifth wheel in Utah and we hope to never go back there, chuckles. They recommended the dealership in Katy as well as one other. That to me, tells me a Lot,,, that they would take good care of a Heartland owner when they didn't buy from them.