Trouble with Island Rope Lights in 2010 LM Augusta

Tyka

Hello everyone,
This is my first Heartland Forum post. We bought an Augusta 2010 last week. Had a bunch of problems, some resolved some not. LP leaking from the small regulator, HWT bypass valve leak (solved), bad tank odor in the bedroom area (better now with the fan cover closed) etc.. I have owned motorhomes for the past 14 years and I'm used to solving problems and making modifications. I hope I will be able to contribute as I did on iRV2.

The rope lights below the island cabinets worked for about four days, started blinking and are not working anymore. I have power at the switch, but I don't know where the end of the rope light is connected. There are two 12VDC wires running under the counter but cannot see where they go. The end of the rope light goes through the wall next to the fireplace. Could the connection be under the fireplace?

Any help would be appreciated.

danemayer

Re: Under the counter rope lights - 2010 Augusta

Hi Tyka,

Congratulations on your Augusta and welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Hopefully you'll get the miscellaneous problems resolved quickly so you can start enjoying the rig.

Maybe someone with an Augusta has been there and can give you some tips on where the rope light connections are located.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
If you have your vin# handy call Heartland customer service (see the first page of the forum), they probably have the build info and might be able to help you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob and Chris

Senior Members
We experienced a problem with ours as well. The leads run under the kitchen island base cabinets but not under the fireplace. I was able to remove the end of the light string at the fireplace end, pullout the light string, and access the barbed connectors between the light string and the wiring run. I was unsuccessful in getting the string to work but was fortunate to be attending the national rally later in the year; the service team replaced it and it has been working ever since. Check under the drawers at the other end (near the switch) and make sure there isn't a loose wire nut that is the culprit.

We have had our Augusta about 1 1/2 months. We love it. We have had to do a lot of little repairs. Hot water heater element, gas regulator. After running the generator 3 evenings, we had no shore power when moving to a park. Found out how to wire around the transfer switch. When I try to make coffee, with the fireplace on, it flips the breaker. Doesn't do it with the microwave. I would love for our rope lights to work, Hubby says there is no power to the switch.

Debi

Tyka

Thanks to everyone. I just found my post in my profile. I thought it my be held up because I'm a newbie. Is there a way to get notified by email when someone replies or when our posts are posted?

In any case, I found a bad connection under the lower cabinet as described by Bob & Chris. The connection at the end of the rope light was very bad. I pulled it out in the living room, cut the rope light and made a new connection next to the hole where it was going in. This way I can fix it easily should it go bad again.

I also was able to fix the LP leak. It was the small red regulator and the pigtail that was defective.

I also managed to bypass the coax cable at the antenna booster so I could use the "cable" connection for my PVR in the living room. I needed two cables and the booster was interfering. I have pics of this also.

Now I have to do something about the smell coming from the tank vents. I'm thinking of installing a cover for the bathroom vent and two cyclones.

danemayer

To set up email notifications:

Top Right of page, click on SETTINGS

Left side, scroll down to GENERAL SETTINGS

Scroll down to DEFAULT THREAD SUBSCRIPTION MODE to set up email notifications

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Right above your first post in this thread there is a tool bar.
Click on 'Thread Tools', then click on 'Subscribe to this Thread'.
You will then get email notifications when someone replies to your thread.

Peace
Dave

Tyka

We have had our Augusta about 1 1/2 months. We love it. We have had to do a lot of little repairs. Hot water heater element, gas regulator. After running the generator 3 evenings, we had no shore power when moving to a park. Found out how to wire around the transfer switch. When I try to make coffee, with the fireplace on, it flips the breaker. Doesn't do it with the microwave. I would love for our rope lights to work, Hubby says there is no power to the switch.

Debi

Not sure how you're checking for voltage at the switch. When I removed our switch another wire came out (white I think) I had voltage between the white (connected with a wire connector) and both sides of the switch when the switch was On. The connection at the end of the rope light is difficult to make and think the HL tech didn't take the time to do it right. If you remove the thin piece of wood on the right side in the cabinet under the pantry you will be able to lift the bottom shelf enough to see the connection to the rope light. It's almost impossible to redo the connection from there. But if you wiggle the connection when the switch is On the light might come on. I pushed the rope light all the way out near the fireplace and re-did the connection there and left it under the lip. Hope this all makes sense.

Tyka

To set up email notifications:

Top Right of page, click on SETTINGS

Left side, scroll down to GENERAL SETTINGS

Scroll down to DEFAULT THREAD SUBSCRIPTION MODE to set up email notifications

Thanks for the help. Can you tell me how to attach pics to my posts and signature? Much obliged.

danemayer

Thanks for the help. Can you tell me how to attach pics to my posts and signature? Much obliged.

We did a presentation at the North American Rally last June covering a number of questions people have on using the forum. Attaching pics starts on page 6.

To add a profile pic, go to SETTINGS/MY PROFILE. There are a couple of choices there.

Attachments

• HOF Forum Seminar - all v2.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 7