Keyless Entry Lock - Tell me the advantages

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Mark has mentioned that he may want to get one of these. Please tell me what the advantages and disadvantages (if there are any). Why would I want to have one of these over the lock we already have?

Kristy

danemayer

If you have a FOB that opens your car door without inserting the key, it's the same thing. Once you have a button to lock/unlock, you'll never use the key.

RVLockSupport

Convenience, security and cool. You will have the option in the locking/unlocking of your trailer with just the push of a remote button, or the punching in of a unique and secure code (no need to carry keys or looking for the guy with the keys). The keypad and remotes use a million different rolling code system for maximum security.

The RVLock handle has been designed to be more user friendly and to accommodate everyone from younger families to full timers. The actual handle that you grab and pull to open is larger and much easier to open and close than any other handle on the market. The over all construction is much heavier duty than typical handles.

You can have up to 10 remotes controlling each handle and the keypad code can be changed to your unique code of up to 8 digits for ultimate security. The 10 minute install fits in most travel trailer/fifth wheel door openings without any modification to the door. Hope this helps. Thanks

MTPockets

We have the keypad, but never use it. It's easier to insert the key than touching four numbers to lock & unlock. The key fob design pushing one button might get used, but not shure I would like a bigger key.

RVLockSupport

This is why the built-in keypad feature is so popular. No more waiting for someone to show up with the keys. Thanks for your post!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We have an earlier version of the RV Lock with the keypad separate. Sometimes it works first try, many times it doesn't. We've found that cupping the keypad with one hand, while punching numbers with the other, seems to "direct" the signal to the handle better. I assume this is not an issue with the new design. I wish I could trade my old one in on the new design. I love the convenience, when it works. We also have to hold the fob very close to get it to work.

Erika

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We've apparently been very lucky with our V3.0 model with the separate keypad. It works every time (except when we key in the wrong number), but then I guess it's working right then because it doesn't open. The FOB works from about 15 feet away. I used Velcro strips on the keypad and trailer for attaching the keypad and we take it off when not using the RV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pizzaguy

We have an earlier version of the RV Lock with the keypad separate. Sometimes it works first try, many times it doesn't. We've found that cupping the keypad with one hand, while punching numbers with the other, seems to "direct" the signal to the handle better. I assume this is not an issue with the new design. I wish I could trade my old one in on the new design. I love the convenience, when it works. We also have to hold the fob very close to get it to work.

Erika

We have the first version of the RV Lock also and the first keypad did not work well at all. RV Lock sent us out another keypad after calling them. Second keypad works better,but still not every time,and key fobs have to be within a couple feet of door.
I am with you that I wish I could trade mine in for the new style also. We had the Southco lock on the last Bighorn and it worked flawlessly!. I understand that we were one of the few that had good luck with the Southco though.

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Thanks everyone. I showed this to Mark so now we will see what he decides to do.