RV Lock v4.0 Pre-Sale Questions

recumbent615

Founding MA Chapter Leader-retired
James,

Welcome to the Forum and thank you for offering the Heartland Owners a Direct Channel for our Questions.

I am looking at the V4 for my RV and have a few questions

- Is the V4 only available in Black or is it also available in White?
- If I purchase two of these can they be both keyed the same?
- How unique is the Key for this Lock?
- How many different Keys are there for your Locks?

thanks for your attention to my inquiry

Kevin

RVLockSupport

Hi Kevin,

The RVLock version 4.0 is available only in black.
Yes, we can key them alike.
We have our own key blank system unique to our handles and offer hundreds of key combinations.

I hope that I answered everything, let me know if you need anything else.

Greengas

Will 4.0 ever be available in white? We gave a white Rv and a black door handle just won't work.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
The Slam Baggage Locks are black and look just fine with white doors. I think the black door lock would look good. I've seen many multi-hundred thousand dollar Class A's with white door areas with black handles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Mine are White from the Factory.

You'd be surprised. We went with a black security light, and black frame for the door window, looks good. Will not mind a black RV lock. Have the white, it can get grungy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Will 4.0 ever be available in white? We gave a white Rv and a black door handle just won't work.

My white Bighorn came from the factory with a black entry door lockset. It matches the slam baggage locks. Trace

porthole

Retired
The first remote lock did not cover the same area as the factory door latches, and leaves an obvious mark that is exposed.
Does the new version cover the same footprint as the factory locks?

Have the electronics changed from the first generation?

pegmikef

Does the folding hand-rail have to be built up away from the coach?

Thank you
Dick

Dick, I just installed the V4.0 on my BH 3010RE and did not have to build up the hand rail. Here are a couple of pix so you can see the position of the hand rail on my rig and how it clears the lock when folded. The only thing I had to do was file a couple of grooves (about 1/16 of an inch) on the edge of the lock hole so the lock set would pop in without forcing it. Works just like Jim B. said, perfectly.

Attachments

• handrail.JPG
    handrail.JPG
    106.9 KB · Views: 126
  • lock.JPG
    lock.JPG
    138 KB · Views: 112

RVLockSupport

I hope that I answer your question correctly. The footprint covering the factory door latches really will depend on which factory door larch tat you are referring to. Our latest v4.0 handle has been redesigned in many ways, but should be about exactly the same footprint as earlier versions of the RVLock handle. The biggest change for this latest version is the integrated keypad into the handle. There has also been multiple electronics upgrades put into place and a few mechanical improvements as well. We really are improving the handle with each version modification and appreciate your suggestions.

RVLockSupport

Looks great! I would bet that we sell more RVLock handles to customers in Texas than anywhere else. Let us know if we can do anything else for you!

Rodbuster

RV Lock installation video? Also - coach needs to be level?

Good morning James,

Do you have a video showing and explaining the installation?

Dick

Rodbuster

RV Lock installation video? Also - coach needs to be level?

Hello again,

I've been researching this product and find that I have additional questions.

Back in 2012 a consumer mentioned that the coach had to be "perfectly level" for the lock to work properly. It was mentioned that if the coach was not level it would bind and not allow the lock to work. Has this problem been addressed?

More recently, another customer posted that he/she was having a problem with the remote keypad. It seems that it would take 2 or 3 attempts to make it work. James answered the customer by saying that he would send that customer a "replacement part" that should take care of that problem. My question is, is this "replacement part" needed in all of your units or is this just an isolated incident?

Thank you for your time.
Dick

Last edited by a moderator:

jbeletti

The first remote lock did not cover the same area as the factory door latches, and leaves an obvious mark that is exposed. Does the new version cover the same footprint as the factory locks?...?

Duane,

On my Landmark, the v3.0 and v4.0 locks did NOT cover the same exact footprint. I know this as my coach is full body painted and the paint shop did not remove my OEM lock prior to paining. As such, I have a very small reveal below (and probably above) the RV Lock that is not painted. This is only noticed under closeup examination and if you're looking for it. The area is so small that I would not consider trying to paint it. Let me know of you want a picture of this?