Broken chair leg in new 2014 Heartland Landmark Sequoia camper

Curt_Hinson

Hi everyone. I've been quite busy and haven't been on the forum for sometime, but decided that I needed to question how long does it take to get a dinette chair replaced from Heartland. Camping World in Dothan, AL has had the chair now for over two months. I checked last week and they said that it was on order. I think I am getting the run-around.

The chair is one of two that has a rounded back and stays with the table while traveling. It is a tight fit for someone to sit in it at the table with their back towards the front of the camper. To exit the chair, one must turn to the right and lift off of the chair. The right rear leg separated about half way up at an approx 60 degree angle creating a very hazardous sharp edge. It was a wonder no one was hurt.

Curt

danemayer

Curt,

Best to call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030. Have your VIN # ready. They can tell you when the order was placed and what time frame to expect.

A replacement chair may have to come from the furniture vendor to Heartland to the dealer. Seems like a drop-ship from vendor to dealer might make sense, but I don't think that's the norm.

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
When one of my chair legs broke in my 2014 San Antonio, I called customer service. They requested a picture of the break and then promptly shipped a new chair to my house. Took less than 3 weeks from when I broke the leg.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
We had to have a chair replaced on our new Landmark. It took about 6 weeks from the time I called Heartland Customer Service. The leg separated from the seat. BTW the chairs are not glued together but only stapled with small stapled. I put "L" brackets on the broken one but it still wobbles. Sorry construction. Thought that the Amish construction was supposed to be superior. Wrong.

Curt_Hinson

An update on the broken chair leg in my 2014 Heartland Sequoia. I had turned it in the first of the year to Camping World for replacement. It is where I bought the unit. I stopped by Camping World a couple of weeks ago and they told me that it had been ordered. I though I was being given the run-around and that is when I posted. Dane suggested I call Heartland. I called yesterday and they informed me that the order had been placed on the 11th of March and they had no idea when it would be delivered. Huuuuummmmmmm. That's about the time I checked on it. Anyway, I got a call today and was informed that the chair was in so I went and picked it up.

I do agree with other posts about the quality of the furniture. It sure seems that the cheaper, the better. Being a woodworker with all the right tools (at least for now), I am going to check and double check everything I own. The way that leg broke, it was a wonder that my son didn't get the bottom part into his back.

I do hope all of this nasty weather gets out of here and everyone can do a little bit of happy camping.

Curt