Repair Issues

Sunset4k

been a while since I've been on. Our, 2013 Elkridge has been in the shop more than on the road. We just returned early from a trip to arkansas because of more issues. With this trip we couldn't get the coach warm even with the heater running constantly. As we discovered., the refrigerator is not installed correctly and there is a half inch gap the bottom left side between the trim the refrigerator. If you look through the gap you can see right outside.. Literally can see anyone standing outside by simply removing the grill that covers the back of the fridge. The first repair list contained 41 items from trim falling off to the shower drain not being hooked up at the factory!! This will be item no 42 when it goes in for repairs and we have only had the the thing since may of 2013. Dealer is booked out two months for repairs so there goes part of our travel season. Paying for a trailer I can't use. ..Sorry folks but as far as we are concerned Heartlands quality sucks! !!

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Sorry to hear about your problems with the Elk Ridge. Not being aware of the types of issues you are having, I have to wonder what is it that prevents you from using the trailer until your dealer can get at it? Most, if not all RV's tend to have little things that go wrong and I'm not trying to be a cheeerleader here but I've had at least 8 different brands of RV's. It's been my experience that they all have things go wrong. More often than not, it's the dealer that can make or break your opinion of whatever brand you buy. If you're at all handy or have the knowledge, it's pretty easy to do a lot on your own.
Regarding the furnace, there may be a duct that has come loose of fallen out of place. I hope you can get your issues taken care of and allow you to get back out on the road.

Sunset4k

Thanks for your response!! Our issue with this trip was not the furnace. We were in the mountains in Arkansas and it was in low 30's in the mornings. I set the thermostat at 65 and the furnace ran all night and never warmed the coach to 65. The reason we discovered was the North wind was blowing
in through a half inch gap beside the refrigerator where the fridge does not set in the cabinet right. You can look through the gap and see the outside. The wind was coming in directly through the gap. This is just one of many issues. On our first trip we had to come home because we discovered the shower drain pipe was not connected to the shower and all the water was going in the underbelly with each shower. Then when driving home we noticed the slides- all 4 of them had opened slightly. This was because the hydraulic reservoir was not holding hydraulic fluid - it was leaking the hose was not connected properly. This is just a couple of over 40 items on our repair list after our first trip. Our dealer had it almost 3 months with that first list. We've only hauled this trailer 4 times and it has to go back in for another list of 12 items. We do understand that things go wrong but we are not going to haul this trailer with major items breaking or not working.. We Feel like Heartland should replace this unit. And our dealer has dropped the Heartland line due to issues like ours!!!!

Last edited:

Sunset4k

I'm happy to report that I got a call from Scott at Heartland today regarding all of our issues. He assured me that they would be taken care of and he took the initiative to contact our dealer to get the Elkridge in as quickly as possible for repairs. While I am still not happy with the quality control from the factory, I do appreciate the effort Heartland is going to, to make things right. We will keep a positive attitude and anticipate that the Elkridge will be fixed so that we can get on down the road...