ATF: North Trail - Interior Lights

Chat2ow

I am wanting to change out all my interior light to lessor wattage and a softer dimmer light. Can you provide me with part number and or styles that are comparable please...

danemayer

Hi Chat2ow,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. There's lots of helpful information here along with a great bunch of friendly folks.

A lot of people are changing out their lights to LEDs because they draw less current, create way less heat, and can last a very long time.

I don't think Heartland has a list of recommended LEDs to replace yours, so I think you'll have to rely on answers from other owners or from external websites. One resource I've seen is at TechnoRV, a vendor someone else posted about earlier today. They have a number of LEDs available along with a Buyer's Guide to LED Lighting that explains how to select the correct LED. You'll have to give them your email address in order to get the guide, but it's probably worth it.

Once the correct LED is identified, there are any number of places to buy them including Amazon.com, ebay,com, campingworld.com, superbrightleds.com, just to name a few.

mbopp

I changed out my 921 bulbs with 36-1210 warm white panels from 2011_led on Ebay:

http://i1114.photobucket.com/albums/k530/starmaster1953/North Trail 21FBS/100_1322_zpsf7d0aef0.jpg

I believe the light output is comparable and they use 1/7 the power of a 921 bulb. We dry camp a lot and cutting battery consumption was important to me.

If you want to stick with incandescent bulbs, I have a lamp catalog that lists bulbs with lower light outputs than the standard 921 bulbs. Let me know if you want me to look them up.