Digital HD Receiver/Outside Speaker Wiring

Sparkie

I have 2 questions for you electronic wizards out there concerning my 06 Shenandoah!
(1) In regards to installing the Winegard Digital HD Receiver or digital boxes that will be available soon, do I need one for each tv (I have 2 tvs) or will one do the job? I'm sure they come with instructions but what is the basic wiring situation?
(2) I want to put in some outside speakers accessable through the storage compartment. Can anyone tell me where to run the wires to get from the stereo to the storage area? Has anyone used the wireless speaker system sold by Camping World? It's only sold online and I couldn't get much info from them.
NoneThis forum has been a godsend to me. I have had many issues with my Landmark. That quality control thing-you know! So, please accept a gracious Thank You to all of you, especially Jim for making this all happen!!!

linuxkidd

I can help ya with #1...

You can get away with ONE HD Receiver if you want to watch the same thing on BOTH TV's. If you want to watch something different on each, then you'll need 2 receivers.

The wiring is very simple. From the Antenna to the Input on the HD Receiver, the Output of the HD Receiver to the input of your TV. If you go with only 1 receiver, you can run the HD Receivers output to the VCR line of the Source Switch for your TV system to share it between the two TVs.

One suggestion though.. Pick up a new HDTV instead of just the tuner. The picture quality is amazing. You won't be disappointed.

Can't really help ya much with the speakers without seeing your coach in person. I've not been in a Shenandoah.

LK