New Kids on the Forum requesting advice on wireless cameras

Deborah56

Hello!

My husband and I have just ordered a 2015 North Trail 26RLSS. We're very excited about taking delivery of our new TT. We've been teardrop campers, so this will be a major change for us.
We're interested in finding out more about using a wireless camera on the back of the trailer. So any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much, Deb & Bob

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Deb & Bob. Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.
I can't tell you anything about the particular model of wireless camera, but I can say that I like having a backup camera on my trailer.
I find it most useful knowing what is behind me on the highway.
Be sure to check out the Portal Page for information on the Heartland Owners Rally in the Dells this coming August.
And of course any other rally you might want to attend.
Great people, great fun.

Peace
Dave

Rob63

Hello Deb and Bob and welcome! My wife Jan and I bought a Trail Runner last November and we too have been looking at backup cameras. From everything I've read, the wireless types don't work very well so I've opted to buy a two camera wired system. One for hitching up and one to see what's behind me. I'm thinking about the Rear View Safety model #RVS-770614-213 because you unplug the camera on the back of the trailer at the hitch when you arrive at your destination, while the one on the tow vehicle remains connected and it comes with a 7" screen rather than one of the smaller screens that most camera systems come with.

jbeletti

Deb and Bob,

I've had a few of them. The one I preferred was the Voyager brand (LINK).

Admin note: Moving this thread to backup camera forum.