Had a chuckle

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
I was at my daughter's house this evening when my cell phone rang. I answered it, even though it was not a number that I recognized. A pleasant sounding woman was on the other end, telling me that I was the proud winner of a home security system. Before I asked her what I had to do to win this great prize, I decided to have some fun with her. When she paused in her spiel, I told her in a halting voice "Ma'am, we're homeless". She stopped in mid-sentence, more like mid-word, and said, "Sir, you're....you're homeless"?). I said in a meek voice, "yes ma'am" and she just said, "Well have a good day sir" and hung up.

Fun fun!

danemayer

You should have added that you haven't had a regular job for years, but sometimes they'll let you stay overnight in the state parks if you clean the firepits.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
That is a good one. I always have to explain why we no longer own a sticks and bricks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I have done something similar. Only I try to keep them busy on the line for as long as possible then right about I am ready to hang up I tell them something like that.

Had one call me about going to see some property at a lake. Kept them talking about how I would get there, what I would need to get there then told them I was in an iron lung.. This was a long time ago...

BC

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
We've registered for the "Do not call" list (as most of us have) but still get the calls regularly (as most of us do). After asking why they are calling I proceed to tell them that my number is on the national do not call list and that they are committing a Federal Offense by calling me. As they are catching their breath I tell them they better quit the job right now before the FBI comes in and puts them in jail. They usually don't say "goodbye" before hanging up.