PDA

View Full Version : RV Lock - special pricing for HOC members?

murry135
03-26-2014, 08:32 PM
Are you folks going to be at the National Rally in June and if not do you have special pricing for Heartland Owners Club members?

RVLockSupport
03-26-2014, 11:16 PM
Are you folks going to be at the National Rally in June and if not do you have special pricing for Heartland Owners Club members?

You bet. We will throw in an extra remote at no charge to all Heartland Owners Club Members ($40 value) with every handle purchase. Simply let us know in the instructions at checkout and we will take care of you...

murry135
03-27-2014, 09:07 AM
OK, thats great news. In reading other post and questions my next question is are the commonly asked questions regarding slow mechanisms and level unit required been addressed and no longer an issue?

pegmikef
03-27-2014, 09:33 AM
You bet. We will throw in an extra remote at no charge to all Heartland Owners Club Members ($40 value) with every handle purchase. Simply let us know in the instructions at checkout and we will take care of you...

Hey James, Do I get an extra FOB? I just bought the V4.0 off your web site last week and installed it yesterday, but did not know anything about a discount for HOC members. I am member 2001. Thanks, Mike Finnegan

Hunter11
03-27-2014, 11:46 AM

James, is this a limited time offer or will I be ongoing? I ask because we have a new Landmark on order and want to get one of your locks but will not get the unit until sometime in late April or May then will be able to join the HOC for the free extra FOB.

rjr6150
03-27-2014, 01:03 PM

Thanks James you should see my order shortly.

RVLockSupport
03-27-2014, 03:03 PM
OK, thats great news. In reading other post and questions my next question is are the commonly asked questions regarding slow mechanisms and level unit required been addressed and no longer an issue?

Not an issue. In some cases, unlevel would affect the door/jamb being lined up, not functionality of the handle. Hope this helps.

RVLockSupport
03-27-2014, 03:08 PM
Hey James, Do I get an extra FOB? I just bought the V4.0 off your web site last week and installed it yesterday, but did not know anything about a discount for HOC members. I am member 2001. Thanks, Mike Finnegan

Sure, just email support@rvlock.com and request it. Also include your name, Heartland Owners Member # and your RVLock receipt transaction number/date. Obviously, we will ask that you pay for the shipping of the new FOB. We will offer this to Heartland Owners Group Members that purchased after March 15, 2014 and only includes 1 free remote per transaction. Thx

RVLockSupport
03-27-2014, 03:11 PM
James, is this a limited time offer or will I be ongoing? I ask because we have a new Landmark on order and want to get one of your locks but will not get the unit until sometime in late April or May then will be able to join the HOC for the free extra FOB.

I am happy to keep the offer rolling as long as it is a beneficial thing for both of us and we are getting some good exposure for our handles. We need to hear from happy RVLock v4.0 handle owners...

pegmikef
03-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Sure, just email support@rvlock.com and request it. Also include your name, Heartland Owners Member # and your RVLock receipt transaction number/date. Obviously, we will ask that you pay for the shipping of the new FOB. We will offer this to Heartland Owners Group Members that purchased after March 15, 2014 and only includes 1 free remote per transaction. Thx

Thanks James and I think a couple of us will be showing your lock off at HOC rallies in the next couple of weeks.

sjs731
03-27-2014, 04:59 PM
Just placed my order.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

ziggy
03-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Placed our order a couple of hours ago. We will be showing it off at our rally in July.

ptysonjr
03-27-2014, 06:19 PM
Just ordered ours

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

BHEWITTJR
03-27-2014, 08:31 PM
Hey James, I have a dumb question but I just have to ask anyway. I bought one when they first came out, but I really like the key pad that's on them now. I was wondering if you have any kind of trade in program? You never know unless you ask.

Toy1Ton
03-27-2014, 09:59 PM
bought mine last year! Should have waited an other year, but that's with every thing I decide to buy, the next year its improved

RVLockSupport
04-02-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks to everyone's support of our "Heartland Members" extra Remote offer. It has been fun to see the pride and joy that each of you have for your Heartland rigs...

sjs731
04-02-2014, 07:25 PM
I haven't gotten my rig out of storage yet but I received my lock and naturally had to play with it. It is going to be a great upgrade. I like the way it operates.

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

ptysonjr
04-02-2014, 07:44 PM
Received yesterday with free extra remote!! Thanks a million!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ziggy
04-02-2014, 08:35 PM
Ours has arrived and Mark could hardly wait to put it on. Works really slick!

Kristy

jassson007
04-07-2014, 10:05 PM

I have recently ordered the lock and was not able to enter anything in instructions as I used paypal to pay. I have sent emails to both service@ and sales@ and have not gotten an answer to wether or not I will get the extra key fob. Can you let me know?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pegmikef
04-08-2014, 08:56 AM
I have recently ordered the lock and was not able to enter anything in instructions as I used paypal to pay. I have sent emails to both service@ and sales@ and have not gotten an answer to wether or not I will get the extra key fob. Can you let me know?

James, I also emailed support as you suggested a week or so ago and have heard nothing either. We have been on the road for a week so if they sent something via mail we won't see it.

Rottiesmom
04-08-2014, 12:34 PM
The hubby installed over weekend and love it. We had one on the BH but the Landmark did not have one & really missed that option now don't have to carry keys around at campouts almost lost them a few times LOL

jassson007
04-08-2014, 12:38 PM
James, I also emailed support as you suggested a week or so ago and have heard nothing either. We have been on the road for a week so if they sent something via mail we won't see it.

I got an email back this morning from Cade. It is on the way.

SeattleLion
04-08-2014, 03:12 PM
I installed mine this past weekend. I had to enlarge the hole somewhat, but otherwise it was easy to install and program. My lock came with batteries in it. I replaced them just in case.

RoadJunkie
04-08-2014, 06:03 PM

I sent RVLock an email on March 27 and have not heard from them, as yet. My issue was poor reliability for remote operation. I understand they got a batch of receivers with a problem?

NWILSON
04-08-2014, 07:16 PM
It took them closer to 2 weeks to respond to my email.

RVLockSupport
04-08-2014, 10:12 PM
It took them closer to 2 weeks to respond to my email.

Sorry if it took us a bit to get back with you. We really are trying to take care of everyone in a timely manner. Please let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you. :)

RVLockSupport
04-08-2014, 10:16 PM
I sent RVLock an email on March 27 and have not heard from them, as yet. My issue was poor reliability for remote operation. I understand they got a batch of receivers with a problem?

Hello, we did not recieve your email, please email us directly again so that we can take care of you. Please send to support@rvlock.com and either Dave or Cade will take care of you. Thanks for your patience

RVLockSupport
04-08-2014, 10:19 PM
Sorry if we were not able to receive your emails. It really is our focus to take care of you. Please do not ever hesitate to call us directly as this is usually better anyway for troubleshooting and getting you taken care of. We are more than happy to assist you...:)

mobilcastle
04-09-2014, 04:53 AM
I bought one and installed it last fall and I am not a happy camper. The remote has to be very close to the lock to function-easier to use the key. Do you have an exchange program?
Thanks
Steve

RVLockSupport
04-09-2014, 09:31 AM
Please give Dave a call at RVLock and let him know. He will take care of you.

mobilcastle
04-09-2014, 01:47 PM
I talked to Dave at customer service-they are working on a fix that will be available for owners who bought the older model. Nice to know they doing their best to build an excellent product and stand behind it. Hard to find companies like that today!!

RVLockSupport
04-09-2014, 11:13 PM
Thanks Steve. Lets keep in touch so that we can make sure you are taken care of...

murry135
04-10-2014, 05:06 AM
Yes I did. Email them with your ing o and HOG # and they will correct that. You have to tell them when ordering. Email address for Dave or Cade are o n previous post. Email them. If you need further help pm me.

Murry135/Capt. Wingnut

porthole
04-10-2014, 11:11 AM
I talked to Dave at customer service-they are working on a fix that will be available for owners who bought the older model. Nice to know they doing their best to build an excellent product and stand behind it. Hard to find companies like that today!!

Steve, did they tell you what the fix was and when it will be available?

mobilcastle
04-10-2014, 03:33 PM
I was told it should be available soon-has something to do with antenna.

jassson007
04-11-2014, 02:42 PM
Thanks Steve. Lets keep in touch so that we can make sure you are taken care of...

Well I spoke too soon. I had received an email from Cade saying the 2 nd key fob shipped with the lock or that is what I understood. Well I got my package today and there was only one keyfob in the box. I am waiting on an email response. Please let me know if my email was received and when I can expect shipping if the 2nd keyfob.

RVLockSupport
04-11-2014, 10:56 PM
Well I spoke too soon. I had received an email from Cade saying the 2 nd key fob shipped with the lock or that is what I understood. Well I got my package today and there was only one keyfob in the box. I am waiting on an email response. Please let me know if my email was received and when I can expect shipping if the 2nd keyfob.

Hi Andy. Hopefully you got Cade's email earlier about getting your FOB on its way. You should see it in a couple days.

jassson007
04-11-2014, 10:59 PM
Hi Andy. Hopefully you got Cade's email earlier about getting your FOB on its way. You should see it in a couple days.

Yes I did, thank you! I meant to circle back here and post something but it slipped my mind. Thank you again! Your customer service has been great so far, I will install tomorrow and hopefully I will not have any problems.

RVLockSupport
04-11-2014, 11:07 PM
Yes I did, thank you! I meant to circle back here and post something but it slipped my mind. Thank you again! Your customer service has been great so far, I will install tomorrow and hopefully I will not have any problems.

Oh good. Let us know if you need anything else...

pegmikef
04-12-2014, 08:12 AM
James, I heard from Cade yesterday and he sent me an invoice for shipping and my key fob is on the way. Thanks again. Mike

pegmikef
04-17-2014, 06:55 PM
James, I heard from Cade yesterday and he sent me an invoice for shipping and my key fob is on the way. Thanks again. Mike

It arrived today. Thanks again, Mike.

jassson007
04-17-2014, 07:04 PM
It arrived today. Thanks again, Mike.

My extra fob showed up today too.

RVLockSupport
04-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Great. Thanks for letting us know.

mobilcastle
04-22-2014, 05:56 AM
Thanks Steve. Lets keep in touch so that we can make sure you are taken care of... I sent an email to James several days ago (18th) and I am waiting for a response in reference to the fix.

For20hunter
04-22-2014, 10:07 AM
We got ours sent to us a couple of weeks ago and installed it right away. It was easy to install, no cutting or modifying needed and the programming worked just as the instructions said. It was simple all the way around and we just love it! Great product so far!!

VMooreSR
04-22-2014, 04:36 PM
Just ordered ours, can't wait.

JWalker
04-22-2014, 04:49 PM
THANK YOU!!

Just wanted to share my story. We purchased our RV Lock in Goshen at the 2013 Rally. Works great. We began to notice some cracking in our wireless keypad. 1 email, 2 quick pictures and fast response. 1 week later a new keypad arrived in the mail.

THANKS AGAIN!!

porthole
04-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Questions for RV Locks:

1) Are all the new locks the style with the built in keypad (we have the 1st gen rectangular lockset)

2) Is the old style still available

3) Can more then one lock be keyed alike - Most Cyclone, Road Warriors and Torques have two doors

4) Can the remote also be "keyed" alike for activation

VMooreSR
04-24-2014, 10:42 AM
Just received the lock today with the extra key fob, WOW!! fast shipping Thanks!

sjs731
04-28-2014, 01:19 PM
Got our rig out of storage over the weekend (which caused winter to return) and installed my lock. Absolutely love it. The FOBs even have good range.

Steve and Carrie
HOC# 2252
2007 GMC 2500HD Duramax
B&W Companion Hitch
2012 Sundance 3300CK

RVLockSupport
04-28-2014, 09:16 PM
Questions for RV Locks:

1) Are all the new locks the style with the built in keypad (we have the 1st gen rectangular lockset)

2) Is the old style still available

3) Can more then one lock be keyed alike - Most Cyclone, Road Warriors and Torques have two doors

4) Can the remote also be "keyed" alike for activation
Yes we are still offering the older style along with our new models. Yes we can key the v3 and v4 and mechanical handles alike and yes you can have any setup for controlling via remote. Hope I answered everything. Thx for the questions.

hcriddle
04-30-2014, 07:41 PM
Got my lock and installed it today and it was very easy to do. I am very pleased so far with this purchase. Thanks very much.

gebills
04-30-2014, 09:26 PM
We received our new V4.0 lock from JT Guardian with the twokey fobs (2nd fob courtesy of RVLock extended to Heartland ownersmembership). Finally got around toinstalling the lock this past weekend. Upon installing, using the setup sequence instructions, I found the number ď4Ē key toproduce no beep, whereas the rest of the keys do produce a beep. Assuming this was not a good thing, I got onthe JT Guardian website for RV Locks Saturday morning requesting informationabout the lock setup; later that morning (on a Saturday, believe it or not) Igot an email from someone at JT Guardian indicating that I must have received alock with a bad keypad, and to get in contact with support@rvlock.com (support@rvlock.com). Contacting the support-email address Mondaymorn, I heard nothing in response until Monday afternoon I was notified byemail reflecting a tracking number, that I had another package on itís way tome from RV Locks. Without considerationthat I have a defective keypad, I like the quality of the lock; itís goodlooking, the finish quality is very good, and I feel much, much better knowingthat the RV on either side of us doesnít have a key into our RV. I havenít set up the key fobís yet, buthearing from a previous post that the fob range is good is simply and addedbonus, and Iím quite pleased that our entry handle folds nicely over the top ofthe installed lock. Iím tickled with thelock, and pleased that JT Guardian was so quick to react to my needing a newkey pad. Thanx...

mobilcastle
05-01-2014, 05:58 AM
Well, I guess they only answer and "keep in touch" when they want to-I did not receive an answer back. To bad, I had high hopes for this company. I am thinking about going back to standard lock. If I had it to do over again I would have skipped this expensive mod and saved the money for something else. Good luck with your locks.
I sent an email to James several days ago (18th) and I am waiting for a response in reference to the fix.

Flying Dutchman
05-01-2014, 08:46 AM
Have received and installed our newly purchased V4.0 lock from JT Guardian. I am extremely pleased with the quality and ease of installation and programming. This is definitely a worthwhile upgrade to our Big Country not to mention the added security benefit. :cool:

boatto5er
05-01-2014, 09:02 AM
We've had our version 3 for a year and it's been working beautifully off the FOB and the separate keypad. Still running off the original batteries, too.

porthole
05-01-2014, 09:03 AM
Well, I guess they only answer and "keep in touch" when they want to-I did not receive an answer back. To bad, I had high hopes for this company. I am thinking about going back to standard lock. If I had it to do over again I would have skipped this expensive mod and saved the money for something else. Good luck with your locks.

Steve, I contacted them a week or so ago and got a reply. There is an update coming soon (2-3 weeks, his reply) and they said they will post on the forum here as soon as it is ready.

I prefer to remove it only once, so wait it will be.

And I asked about the new style. The original style is still available.

Miltp920
05-03-2014, 08:29 PM
Installed ours today. Works great with default 1234 code, but we were not able to change code as easily as others following the instructions. Plan to check with rvlock website, anyone else have any trouble programming new code? Extra FOB was nice bonus!

Silverado23
05-03-2014, 10:00 PM
I think you have to be quick on changing the code. Too slow and it will not work. It took a few tries to get the speed down that I needed to get the code to take.

Miltp920
05-04-2014, 08:36 PM
I think you are right about speed being important. I saw a video on UTube and they were quicker than I was.

RVLockSupport
05-05-2014, 12:07 PM
I think you are right about speed being important. I saw a video on UTube and they were quicker than I was.
Hi Miltp. Please contact a tech at 888-316-9899, we will be more than happy to walk you through the code change . thx

Miltp920
05-05-2014, 06:28 PM
It was a speed thing. I picked up the pace and was successful resetting a new code. Thanks.
This is really cool, remote door locks. This "camping" stuff is really tough!

Hi Miltp. Please contact a tech at 888-316-9899, we will be more than happy to walk you through the code change . thx

RVLockSupport
05-05-2014, 06:29 PM
Sounds great. Travel safe.

Mrsfish
05-05-2014, 06:33 PM
Okay I'm going to ask. Are you the same company that has a special going for the national rally? Different packages and different prices but I couldn't tell if the offers were from different companies.

RVLockSupport
05-05-2014, 06:35 PM
Our new v4.0 is available only through RVLock. There may be other companies offering other models.

jdamude
05-05-2014, 07:31 PM
Just ordered our new Rv Lock. I made a note in the comment box as instructed for the complimentary remote.

Thank you RV Lock.

Jeff

RVLockSupport
05-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Sounds great. We are moving a lot of the v4.0's and we are confident that you will like it as well. Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you.

FARMER45
05-06-2014, 05:47 PM
Ordered lock red lever that operates dead bole from inside was broke. I call they said they would send replacement, last night I was going to install battery's ,it already had battery's in it. Is this normal ? Two numbers will not light up and there are scratches around key hole. I have not removed the keys yet. I am thinking I got a unit that has been used.

RVLockSupport
05-06-2014, 05:58 PM
That is strange. Please email pics of both the scratches and the light up issue to support@rvlock.com and a tech will take care of you. Thx.

pegmikef
05-06-2014, 07:00 PM
last night I was going to install battery's ,it already had battery's in it. Is this normal ?

Mine had batteries in it too. I tested the voltage of the batteries and they were brand new.

RVLockSupport
05-06-2014, 07:01 PM
Batteries are included in all version 3 and 4 RVLock handles.

FARMER45
05-06-2014, 09:56 PM
First thing I ever bought that came with battery's installed, I was surprised

jmgratz
05-06-2014, 09:57 PM
Just ordered ours.

Hunter11
05-09-2014, 06:28 PM
Just ordered ours a few minutes ago.

superduty08
05-11-2014, 10:01 PM
I just placed my order.

mobilcastle
05-13-2014, 07:24 AM
Porthole
I guess my email to RV Lock got lost in the cracks-it happens!! RV Lock did contact me and they working hard on a fix that will help anyone with a problem with the previous lock. I can tell reading the thread that they have been extremely attentive to Heartland members problems-they have restored my faith in their company. Good luck with your lock sets!!
Steve, I contacted them a week or so ago and got a reply. There is an update coming soon (2-3 weeks, his reply) and they said they will post on the forum here as soon as it is ready.

I prefer to remove it only once, so wait it will be.

And I asked about the new style. The original style is still available.

porthole
05-13-2014, 07:59 AM
Porthole
I guess my email to RV Lock got lost in the cracks-it happens!! RV Lock did contact me and they working hard on a fix that will help anyone with a problem with the previous lock. I can tell reading the thread that they have been extremely attentive to Heartland members problems-they have restored my faith in their company. Good luck with your lock sets!!

Yes, they seem attentive, and I can wait.
Now Fastec with the recall - that is another story...........

superduty08
05-20-2014, 04:26 PM
Just installed my lock and it works great! I had to trim the opening about an 1/8" on the back end but it went in without a problem. Thanks for the quick delivery and quality product.

Hunter11
05-21-2014, 07:00 AM
I installed ours last night. As some of the others have said I had to trim a little off the back of the opening but it went just fine. Thanks for the great service!

wildwolfproducts
06-03-2014, 09:28 PM
Hope I'm not the only one that can't get there site to work? I get there menu page for sure reason. It would be good if I were looking to work on there website.
Pete

Hbushey
06-03-2014, 09:52 PM
Does anyone know if a version of these locks can be keyed the same as the slam baggage doors so there is one key? I sent an inquiry a few days ago on their website, but haven't heard back. Would really like to have only one key...

thanks

RVLockSupport
06-03-2014, 10:03 PM
Hi. The slam latch handles from RVLock are in the works, but not ready yet. Stay tuned...

RVLockSupport
06-03-2014, 10:04 PM
Hi Pete. We are launching our new site. Had some hiccups. You are welcome to call or email if not able to go online. Thx

BigJim45
06-04-2014, 10:31 AM
Anybody know how long this special is going to run.

Thanks

Hunter11
06-04-2014, 10:44 AM
If you are talking about the free extra key fob it is the last day of June.

BigJim45
06-04-2014, 10:49 AM
If you are talking about the free extra key fob it is the last day of June.

Sorry....Yes that is what I needed to know. Thanks for the reply.

alethaj
06-04-2014, 09:10 PM
Where would I look for a keyless entry lock?...Would they have to chage the whole door or can this be an after market item?

cookie
06-04-2014, 09:33 PM
The RV Lock is aftermarket and replaces your OEM lock.
Read the first page of posts in this thread.

Peace
Dave

taken
06-15-2014, 06:53 AM
Hi. The slam latch handles from RVLock are in the works, but not ready yet. Stay tuned...

If one was to buy a V4 rvlock and a keyed alike lock for their second door, would it be possible to order a keyed alike slam baggage door latch handle in the future or would it be wise to wait and order all three at once when they are all available?

RVLockSupport
06-15-2014, 11:20 PM
They will be able to be keyed and remote alike at any time. Thx

taken
06-19-2014, 07:41 AM
Thanks James. One last question. If I order a V4 lock and a standard mechanical lock for my second door, can I have all 4 cylinders keyed the same?

RVLockSupport
06-19-2014, 07:46 AM
You sure can. Simply request this in the instructions at checkout.

BigJim45
06-19-2014, 11:51 PM
Just got my new RV lock 4.0 today and it did not have the free extra key fob. I included in the comments that I was a Heartland Club member.

James, what happen to my extra key fob.

RVLockSupport
06-20-2014, 06:54 AM
I know that they are super over whelmed with orders right now. I will pass it along and make sure we get you taken care of. Maybe drop them an email as well so that they have a paper trail to expedite the process.

Harry1
06-20-2014, 07:38 AM
Placed my order yesterday. Included free fob offer in instructions. Hopefully everything will come in a couple days..

BigJim45
06-20-2014, 09:24 AM
James

Yes I did send email and got taken care of by Cade. Only thing is, Im leaving on the 30th and told Cade I need a rush on this. Hope it happens!

porthole
06-20-2014, 09:32 AM
How about the update on repairs for us original folks with intermittent lock operation?

Last week at the rally was almost frustrating enough that had I thought of it, I would have gone looking for someone's standard take out lock.

RVLockSupport
06-20-2014, 11:33 AM
Jim, I just checked with fulfillment team. They have sent your FOB. Check your email for tracking. Thx

RVLockSupport
06-20-2014, 11:34 AM
Porthole, email us your shipping information so we can send you the replacement part. Thx

BigJim45
06-20-2014, 11:49 AM
Jim, I just checked with fulfillment team. They have sent your FOB. Check your email for tracking. Thx

Thank you very much.......Hope it arrives in time

porthole
06-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Porthole, email us your shipping information so we can send you the replacement part. Thx

I did that with Cade already (but did not hear back). Can you check with him so as not to overlap parts?

RVLockSupport
06-20-2014, 12:40 PM
I did that with Cade already (but did not hear back). Can you check with him so as not to overlap parts?

Great. Give me your name or email do I can verify. This only shows your forum handle. Thx

porthole
06-20-2014, 01:05 PM
Great. Give me your name or email do I can verify. This only shows your forum handle. Thx

PM'd

Harry1
06-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Received lock yesterday and installed today. Really like the looks and operation. 2nd fob is nice to have. Thanks. Installation simple. Had to file opening just a bit on door.

shelsay
06-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Just received our RV Lock. Our 2011 Grand Canyon came with the SOB keyless entry. Has anyone here replaced that OEM system with the RV lock? If so, is there anything special we should be aware of in installing this new system?

Thanks,
Pat

BigJim45
06-26-2014, 03:35 PM
Just received our RV Lock. Our 2011 Grand Canyon came with the SOB keyless entry. Has anyone here replaced that OEM system with the RV lock? If so, is there anything special we should be aware of in installing this new system?

Thanks,
Pat

Just follow all of the instructions and you should have no problem.

boatto5er
06-26-2014, 03:43 PM
I had to do some extra trimming on a second plastic piece on the door, but it wasn't too difficult. It's easier if you have a second set of hands to help out. We also have a 2011 Grand Canyon.

NWILSON
06-26-2014, 04:29 PM
I'm upgrading to the V4 from the V3.
Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the separate keyless pad from the side of the rig?

RoadJunkie
06-26-2014, 04:41 PM
http://googone.com/Home.aspx

porthole
06-26-2014, 08:55 PM
Piece of monofilament or braided fishing line and saw through the tape.

BigJim45
06-26-2014, 10:06 PM
James

Yes I did send email and got taken care of by Cade. Only thing is, Im leaving on the 30th and told Cade I need a rush on this. Hope it happens!

Got my free key FOB today in the mail. Thanks a lot for getting it out so fast.

RVLockSupport
06-26-2014, 11:02 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions for removing the separate keyless pad from the side of the rig?

I second the thin wire idea. Pull the thin wire through the 3m double stick tape behind the keypad. Use Goof Off or Goo be Gone and switch back and forth with rubbing alcohol. This will clean it up slick. Don't use anything abrasive.

RVLockSupport
06-26-2014, 11:05 PM
Received lock yesterday and installed today. Really like the looks and operation. 2nd fob is nice to have. Thanks. Installation simple. Had to file opening just a bit on door.

Awesome. Thank you for the follow up. We always appreciate it! Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you...

JWalker
06-27-2014, 06:45 AM

Used a plastic putty knife and filed the end just a little sharper. Not to sharp as to chance gouging the trailer surface. Worked great. 1 minute and done. Very little clean up.

jbeletti
06-27-2014, 08:12 AM
Used a plastic putty knife and filed the end just a little sharper. Not to sharp as to chance gouging the trailer surface. Worked great. 1 minute and done. Very little clean up.

I too used a plastic putty knife, then some cleaner to get the thin layer of residue off.

NWILSON
06-28-2014, 08:15 AM
I too used a plastic putty knife, then some cleaner to get the thin layer of residue off.
I didn't have a plastic putty knife but I found a suitable substitute. Sure hope DW doesn't see this!

shelsay
06-28-2014, 03:43 PM
Well, we tried to install the new lock today. Dave removed the inside of the old lock and the strike plate. However, we could not get the outside of the old lock to release for removal. Any one else have this problem?

Pat

RVLockSupport
06-28-2014, 04:02 PM
If your old lock is an older keyless handle from Southco with the actuator below, you will need to remove the actuator panel and the actuator. You will also need to trim out the top if the actuator cover that goes over the back of the handle. Should take an extra 10 minutes. You can send me pics if you like and we can over see. Thx

shelsay
06-28-2014, 04:30 PM
Thanks, James. That is exactly what we have. We thought there was probably something we needed to do with the old system. We'll let you know how it goes.

Pat

boatto5er
06-28-2014, 08:49 PM
This is what I was referring to in my earlier comment.

BigJim45
07-03-2014, 08:30 PM
Awesome. Thank you for the follow up. We always appreciate it! Let us know if there is anything else that we can do for you...

I'm at the Pacific Regional Rally in Sparks NV and just installed my new lock. I too had to file the opening a little. Everybody that I have showed the lock to really likes what they see? Trying to drive some extra sales for you.

TravelTiger
07-03-2014, 09:41 PM
A follow up, after having ours a few months with a few trips under our belt, we love the v4 RV Lock! It just works, every time.

porthole
07-04-2014, 09:30 AM
Where are replacement parts being shipped from, Siberia?

taken
07-04-2014, 09:36 AM
To all those who say they need to file the opening. I just installed my V4. I see why everyone thinks they need to file it. The fit is very close and it would appear that there is no way it would fit without enlarging the opening. However, the openings on our doors are industry standard and do not vary. With enough effort, the lock will go in without filing, it's just very tight. I was sure I'd be filing after trying to get it in. The screw holes were a good 16th of an inch over the door and it looked as though the unit was all the way over. Since it was getting dark and I was in no mood to file or finish in the morning, I put my shoulder into it and it popped right in. Just FYI...

DougAndJudy
07-05-2014, 09:21 AM
Where are replacement parts being shipped from, Siberia?

Good question! I realize that RV Lock is sending fix-it parts as a courtesy. However - I was informed on June 24th that my replacement part was shipped. So far the tracking number supplied has been showing that the shipping info was provided to the Postal Service but that there is no other tracking info available. Did the part really ship?

danemayer
07-05-2014, 10:14 AM
shipping info was provided to the Postal Service
Doug, with USPS I usually get two notices: first that the shipper filed the notice of shipment and second that it was delivered. I don't think I've ever seen any intermediate tracking info from any vendor using USPS.

TravelTiger
07-05-2014, 01:44 PM
Doug, with USPS I usually get two notices: first that the shipper filed the notice of shipment and second that it was delivered. I don't think I've ever seen any intermediate tracking info from any vendor using USPS.

It depends on the shipper's choice of service. The USPS now has the capability to track every package with a unique barcode scanned at every transfer, but won't unless the shipper opts (and pays) for the service.

porthole
07-05-2014, 08:18 PM
courtesy

Courtesy ?

Mine has not worked correctly since installing at Goshen - last year.

DougAndJudy
07-05-2014, 09:41 PM

I usually get an item delivered in less than a week when it is shipped First Class, so I thought I would see the second notice by now...

porthole
07-12-2014, 10:03 AM
Got an apology email with a 'we really dropped the ball and apologize' message. Along with a new shipping-tracking number.

2 day delivery and parts installed.

Seems to work great now, first time, every time. Back to enjoying a keyless entry :rolleyes:

taken
07-12-2014, 10:29 AM
I'm just waiting for the slam baggage version so I can eliminate one more key from the ring... ;)

porthole
07-12-2014, 10:39 AM
I'm just waiting for the slam baggage version so I can eliminate one more key from the ring... ;)

That would be nice. Rumors are the new Landmarks will be "slammed" all they way around.

jbeletti
07-12-2014, 10:49 AM

I believe this is something they are working on and that it will be at least 6 months before we'll see it. Hope they can do it, but there really are several Slam Latch style handles out there. Going to be hard to come up with a one-fits-all model.

Jimnkarens
07-30-2014, 07:20 AM
Is the free extra key fob offer still available? My new Bighorn will be delivered in mid August. I would like to order the V4 after the Bighorn arrives to make sure the lock will fit.

RVLockSupport
07-30-2014, 11:52 AM
Hi Jim.
You know how much we appreciate the Heartland family and even though this offer has ended, we will definitely do something. Let me know when you are ready...

Is the free extra key fob offer still available? My new Bighorn will be delivered in mid August. I would like to order the V4 after the Bighorn arrives to make sure the lock will fit.

Jimnkarens
07-30-2014, 12:10 PM
Hi Jim.
You know how much we appreciate the Heartland family and even though this offer has ended, we will definitely do something. Let me know when you are ready...

Thank you. I would order now but I wanted to be certain that the lock will fit my 2015 BH3620E.
Do you know for certain if it will fit my new Bighorn? It gets delivered mid August.

RVLockSupport
07-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Pretty sure. If you order and it does not fit, we will refund. Let me know. ;)

Jimnkarens
07-30-2014, 01:16 PM
Pretty sure. If you order and it does not fit, we will refund. Let me know. ;)

In that case, I will order it now. Where do I place the order?

BigJim45
07-30-2014, 02:06 PM
In that case, I will order it now. Where do I place the order?

Follow this link

http://www.rvlock.com

Jimnkarens
07-30-2014, 02:23 PM
Do I have to do anything special to get the second keyfob?

campcrew
08-06-2014, 07:29 PM
Just saw this thread. We are new Heartland owners, Bighorn 3010RE, and are wondering if this offer is still available? Thanks.

BigJim45
08-06-2014, 07:54 PM
Just saw this thread. We are new Heartland owners, Bighorn 3010RE, and are wondering if this offer is still available? Thanks.

Look at post 136.

teasac69
11-05-2014, 10:44 PM
James, do you anticipate any promotional events for Club members in the near future. Just bought a Big Horn 3875FB and just learned of this lock system. I've always been concerned about the number of people who potentially have a key to my unit. This looks like a great safety feature.

thanks

jbeletti
11-06-2014, 07:06 AM
Tim and Becky,

I'm working with Cade at RVLock on a Christmas special. Look for an announcement in the next week or so.

Nabo
11-06-2014, 03:21 PM
Hope Cade can also come to the NAHOC rally next year.

teasac69
11-26-2014, 10:40 AM
Tim and Becky,

I'm working with Cade at RVLock on a Christmas special. Look for an announcement in the next week or so.

Just don't want to miss any announcement for Christmas special. anything out yet? going to do one this year? I'm on the road and don't like this key business every time I step away for a while.

thanks

jbeletti
11-26-2014, 06:09 PM
I contacted Cade at RV Lock. They will be giving us a special right after Thanksgiving. I'll be sure to get it posted up as soon as we get it.

billyjoeraybob
11-26-2014, 06:38 PM
Thanks Jim! I will be looking for the special. After seeing yours at the NC rally, one of those locks is definitely on the short list

jimtoo
11-30-2014, 11:38 PM
Well this just came up on Facebook... 33374

jbeletti
11-30-2014, 11:47 PM
Thanks Jimme!

That special is good for anyone tomorrow only. The Heartland Christmas special will be the same, will be a different code and will be good through Christmas :)

Cade will be putting up our special on the forum tomorrow.

And here is the 2014 Christmas Special. (https://www.heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/49762-RVLock-Heartland-Christmas-Promotion-2014?p=395268#post395268)