Changing hanging light over kitchen island?

BrianE

We will be hopefully taking delivery of our new 3875FB in a couple weeks and the wife already has me researching ways to change out the 80s styled hanging light. I told her the easiest might be to change the shade, but if not I have to change the complete assembly. We have already contacted the factory about getting one of the other light styles installed but they said not possible. We really like the rod iron looking double light in the Big Country 3450TS. Has anyone attempted to change out a hanging ceiling light and do you think getting the rod iron light from Heartland and installing it would be that difficult? Other than the light we think the trailer is perfect.

Last edited:

Garypowell

I don't know your model specifically but on my 3010RE there are two separate lamps that hand down from a fairly nice plastic (wood looking) piece that is sloped on top to match the curvature of the ceiling.

Each pendant was held by two screws. Once removed the wire will hold it and you fish out the extra wire and wire nuts through an access hole. Once the wire nuts are removed you are free to remove the fixture and let the feed wire hang.

The globes are held on by big plastic nuts that thread onto the lamp holder.

We looked for other globes but none with the right size neck.

My my main goal was to turn them into LED so I swiched out the lamp holder fixture put them back together and put them back up again.

The main caution is if you put up some other fixture make sure it does not weigh a lot more. The weight might be too much for the screws. But I am sure you will figure it out.

Good do luck and most of us like to see pictures of what others have done.