Haier Portable Washer Installation Trouble

I bought a Haier HLP23E portable washer hoping it would be a less expensive option in our 4100 King. I am having a heck of a time with installation though! I tried hooking it up in the closet and it was leaking where the hose attaches to the spigots in the wall (I don't know technical terms... Sorry!!). I tried a y-hose adapter and same problem. So we moved it to the garage and tried hooking it up to the sink in the back bathroom. It not only leaks where the hose attaches to the sink, but it appears that water is actually seeping out of the fixture. I'm running out of ideas, is there anyone else who has successfully used a portable washer in their trailer? Or did I just get a dud?

Thanks!
Sarah

danemayer

Hi Sarah,

First thing I'd check is that there's a rubber washer in the washer's hose connection. If it fell out you will always have a leaky connection. Washers are available at any hardware store. A pack of 5 or 10 will probably cost $1 or so.

If it still leaks with the rubber washer, you might try wrapping 2 or 3 turns of white teflon plumbing tape around the threads. The teflon tape is also available at any hardware store for $1 or so. Wrap it so that when you tighten the hose connection, it doesn't unwind the tape.

If it still leaks, you may have a defective hose fitting on the washer.

Thanks Dan! After a trip to Home Depot to get some extra washers and some tape we are in business!! I taped all three parts where the hoses connect and added an extra washer in all three places as well. Thank you so much for the help! I'm excited to have a washer!! :-D