What woukd I liked changed or added to the Bg Horn?

dcwettstein

I wish there was an option for a power inverter to change 12V DC to 120V AC.and a second battery. The option could be for a 2000 or 3000 watt inverter. There are a few full timers that put solar on their rigs and this would be a helpful option. Even if you ran a generator this would be a nice option so you could watch TV, use the microwave, make a pot of coffee when it is quiet time in the campground. This would be helpful when boondocking.

pegmikef

Your Bighorn did not come with two vented battery boxes in the generator compartment? Mine did and it is listed as standard for Bighorn as shown in attached.

Attachments

• standards.JPG
    standards.JPG
    104.7 KB · Views: 72

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Mine came with two also, however I believe it is the dealer responsibility to insure that they are in and serviceable. I could see some dealers not installing the 2nd battery like they are supposed to just to increase the profit margin.

Rod Ditrich

pegmikef

According to the standard HL provides two boxes, but only one battery. I think the dealers only install what HL pays them to install.

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
The standard is a two battery box with one battery standard. Dealers will add a second battery and an inverter for you.

jbeletti

Way back, in all brands other than Landmark, when all landing gear was electric, we didn't provide batteries. That was part of what the dealer adds in his end of the deal.

Later, as hydraulic landing gear became standard on Bighorn, Cyclone and later, other brands, Heartland supplied a single battery with these units.

As for the OP that wished Heartland would offer an inverter option - it would be a "nice to have" feature. I don't see it happening anytime soon though. We do install a small inverter and a second battery when the residential refrigerator is optioned. That inverter though is dedicated to the refer.

As someone has mentioned, this is usually a (DIO) Dealer Installed Option that can be negotiated with most dealers.

K

karykatz

Jim Beletti is correct. All bighorns are shipped with one battery, unless Unit is built with the residential refer option. When unit has residential refer, heartland ships two batteries. I hope this helps