Has anyone replaced couch with recliners?

Ks.Kev

I have a NT 22 FBS that has a couch/bed and want to replace it with 2 recliners. Has anyone done this? AND what recliner has anyone went with that they know is good quality and worth the money? Any input will be greatly appreciated!

jimtoo

Hi Kevin and Donna,

We are also thinking of replacing our couch with recliners. As MTPockets posted we are going to be shopping for Lazyboy wall huggers.

I did move the thread to a better area for more replies I think.

Jim M

9-larry

I have a NT 22 FBS that has a couch/bed and want to replace it with 2 recliners. Has anyone done this? AND what recliner has anyone went with that they know is good quality and worth the money? Any input will be greatly appreciated!
I had a north trail that we replaced the couch with lazy boy recliners. they were not wall huggers because they were to big for the unite. our north trail had two slides an the recilners had to be pushed back so they would clear main room slide, they worked great!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
My Dogs love my couch ...

Our cats love our couch . . . they've figured out how to get under it and sleep there during the day.

I've thought about replacing ours with recliners, but we like the couch for the extra bed when needed, plus you can't see the TV very well from it since they are basically on the same wall (you can see it behind the laptop in the first shot below and on the left in the second shot), not to mention that the storage space under it is perfect for our Denver Bronco's folding chairs.

Campout2012-PC260022.jpg Campout2012Kitchen-PC270045.jpg CamperJacksGulch-IMG_1575.jpg

Bobby A

Us to went with Lazy boy wall huggers, they make a smaller one that's not so hugh that fits beautifully in our rig, in fact we bought 4 of them, I like the micro fiber fabric over leather, on the rare occasion that we have company we have a blow up mattress for our guests.

Bogie

We replaced our couch (jack knife sofa bed) with two recliners this winter. We bought them at Lazy boy on a two for the price of one sale. We'll be trying them out for the first time later this month. It couch that came with the 5er was so uncomfortable! I'm looking forward to being comfortable when hanging out in the rv.

darebee

If anyone in Southern Ontario Canada is replacing / removing a jack-knife sofa, I am in the market for a reasonably priced (aka cheap) one for my Toter build
Thanks

Ks.Kev

Thanks all for your comments and ideas! found 2 recliners that fit that space just right and will now remove the couch...... looking forward to the upgrade and as Bogie said " looking forward to being comfortable when hanging out in the rv."

JohnD

Our dinette is in the slideout . . .

If we were going to replace anything with recliners . . . it would be there!

Not sure I'm willing to tear that apart . . . yet!

sengli

We actually replaced our two recliners with a theatre seating set. Replaced the couch with a much nicer couch with recliners all from the furniture row stores. They look great and are much more comfortable units that the original furniture.

Wmnmy

we replaced our l sofa with two leather recliners from Ashley furniture perfect fit with slides out I pull them out 6 inchs and lay flat to watch big screen comfy the hardest part was taking couch apart ....

bacaye

Does anyone know where you can get replacement furniture for your fifth wheel and the furniture is from Broyhill? We need to replace couch and recliners.

jnbhobe

Barb & Bill, Patti & I just bought wall hugger recliners from Lambright comfort chairs in Indiana. They are making them this week and we will pick them up next Friday.

JonesClan

This thread is why I joined this forum. I absolutely HATE the couch that comes with the travel trailer. I have a 2014 Heartland Wilderness 2850RB (rear bathroom).

I'm really wanting either recliners or a couch with a foot rest that extends like a normal living room couch. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Wmnmy

Ashley furniture had several recliners that came apart and fit perfect big comfortable but fit nicely wen slides are in .....

JonesClan

Thank you. I just am a little lost on where to look to see if anyone else has did this. Does anyone have photo's of their modifications in this regard?

Bogie

<style> <!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:Cambria; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:auto; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:3 0 0 0 1 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ascii-font-family:Cambria; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Cambria; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Cambria; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style> When we did this in our Sundance, we started by carefully measuring how much space we had to work with. Since we were looking for recliners, we had to consider the space required in the recline position as well. Then it became a matter of finding something that was comfortable, to our liking and in our price range that would fit the space. We spent a fair amount of time looking and found a wide selection, many being too large. But, in the end, we found something that works well at Lazy-Boy. It changed our comfort level dramatically.

JohnD

This thread is why I joined this forum. I absolutely HATE the couch that comes with the travel trailer. I have a 2014 Heartland Wilderness 2850RB (rear bathroom).

I'm really wanting either recliners or a couch with a foot rest that extends like a normal living room couch. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

The Camping World store on I-25 between Longmont and Loveland has RV furniture replacements . . . might have a look there.

Otherwise . . . Furniture Row or American Furniture Warehouse!