2 questions: Amber Patio light info and Carbon Monoxide Detector

Rob63

There isn't a dedicated area for the Trail Runner so I guess we're included with the North Trail section. Please let me know if I'm in the wrong area! Anyway, we have a 2014 Trail Runner 27RKS. On the outside, next to the door is the Amber Patio light. For the life of me, I can't find the switch to turn it on and off. Where is that located? Also, we're supposed to have a Carbon Monoxide Detector somewhere in the trailer. I can only find the smoke detector which is on the ceiling in the bedroom. Where would the CMD be located? For those of you with Trail Runners any help with these questions will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

olybldr55

We have a 24RBS and the exterior amber light switches are in the vicinity of the doors clearly labeled. CO2 detector is down near the floor adjacent to the furnace and refrigerator on our model. CO2 detector also has a green light indicating it has 12 volt power. Hope this helps.

Gary A.

pegmikef

We have a 24RBS and the exterior amber light switches are in the vicinity of the doors clearly labeled. CO2 detector is down near the floor adjacent to the furnace and refrigerator on our model. CO2 detector also has a green light indicating it has 12 volt power. Hope this helps.

Gary A.

Are you sure that is the CO2 detector and not the propane detector? The propane detectors are typically located near the floor because propane drops whereas CO2 and smoke generally rise.

d_fergie

Gary A.
That's about where they are on my Brothers Trail Runner, light is close to the door also, is on the cabinet by door on my NT.

Rob63

Yesterday, I was in the trailer looking around and used a portable power station to give me DC power. All of the interior light switches I located but none of those are marked. Just brown switches with no markings so it was trial and error to figure out which switches were for what lights. It really is an odd setup. This switch is for these three lights, this switch is for those two lights, etc. Having a little knowledge with electrical work, I would think it would be a little easier to figure things out. It reminded me of the old knob and tube wiring where you might have wiring for the dining room with a fuse or breaker that also fed an overhead light in the kitchen because an electrician spliced into existing wiring somewhere. The only switches that are marked are for the slide and the awning. I did notice there was one unmarked switch on the wall near the awning and slide switches that didn't turn on anything. Maybe that was for the patio light and the brand new trailer has a burned out bulb. I'll have to check on that too. I will also have to operate the slide to get to the refrigerator area and check for the C02 detector. If it's not there, I'll have to get in touch with Heartland and find out where they put it.

danemayer

I did notice there was one unmarked switch on the wall near the awning and slide switches that didn't turn on anything.
It might be for an outside outlet. Lets you hang lights on the awning and turn them off when you go to bed, without going outside.

Miller0758

are you sure the smoke detectors aren't dual purpose ... smoke and CO? As for the switch, check closets and information station ... may find it there.

priorguy

Not sure if the TR has it but on my NT the porch light is controlled by the lippert remote for the awning slides and stab jacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
If it has a green light that stays on unless you disconnect the battery and is near the floor, it's a LP detector not a CO detector. CO detectors are usually mounted high on a wall or the ceiling in trailers.

evolvingpowercat

In my 2011 Edge, the CO Detector is on ceiling and uses 3 AA batteries, vs. the Smoke Detector on ceiling in a different spot that uses a 9 volt battery. Propane gas detector low below the breaker / fuse box and uses no battery it is hard wired to 12 volts.

wdk450

It might be worthwhile to call Heartland Service (the number is on the top left of the Portal page) with your VIN number to ask these questions.

BTW, it is a "CO" (Carbon MONOXIDE, deadly gas produced by fossil fuel combustion that replaces oxygen in your bloodstream), not CO2 (Carbon DIOXIDE, soda pop fizz gas) detector.

pegmikef

It might be worthwhile to call Heartland Service (the number is on the top left of the Portal page) with your VIN number to ask these questions.

BTW, it is a "CO" (Carbon MONOXIDE, deadly gas produced by fossil fuel combustion that replaces oxygen in your bloodstream), not CO2 (Carbon DIOXIDE, soda pop fizz gas) detector.

Hey Bill, the one in my BH is clearly labeled CO2 and it is on the ceiling.

Attachments

• detector.JPG
    detector.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 24

wdk450

Mine was labelled the same way. I guess this is a commentary on the state of education in the U.S.

Just to possibly prevent alarms, maybe you shouldn't open a Coke (or beer) around the detector.

BTW, here is a copied answer on the density of Carbon Monoxide in relation to the question of mounting the CO detector high or low:
[h=2]Almost exactly the same as air so high or low don't matter[/h]
The density of Carbon Monoxide at 20 °C ( room temperature) is 0.96716 compared to air (1.00) At lower temperatures its relative density increases relative to air, but this is not usually a factor.

pegmikef

Well that sure makes more sense. I knew CO was carbon monoxide, but I bought a combo smoke/carbon monoxide detector to replace the eight dollar smoke detector that came with my rig. Thanks

priorguy

That's funny. CO2 is actually used in fire suppression. Used to be computer rooms but too many people failed to escape before loss of oxygen. Now it's pretty much just portable extinguishers or localized to machinery. It's cheaper to maintain and refill if used (or misused).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jbeletti

Bill,

My guess is that is Heartland part number sticker, produced by our supplier or by us (inaccurately of course).