AZ Chapter - Travel updates

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
AZ Chapter Members wanted a thread to be able to post their travels. Use this thread and let everyone know where you are traveling and if other Heartland Owners are in the area, perhaps they will respond and you all can meet up.
Let us know about the RV Resorts, camp sites and areas of the country you are enjoying.
Enjoy and Great Travels....
Garry

MTPockets

5/19-5/24, Page, AZ - 5/25 - 5/29, Panguitch, UT - 5/30 - 6/5, Heber City, UT - 6/12 - 6/14, Yellowstone Fishing Bridge RV, 6/15 - Camp Hosting at Buffalo Bill State Park, Cody, WY thru 9/15. Then we'll work our way South to AZ Rally by 10/15. Winter in Tucson.

Doublegranch

North Trail will be heading in May to Colo Chapter Rally. Then Big Lake in late June or early July and again in early Sept. Oct for AZ Chapter Rally.

azbigfoot

April 1 - 14 - Kartchner Caverns state park, AZ
April 15 - 21 Roper Lake state park, AZ
April 21-24 Silver City, NM
April 24-27 Carlsbad, NM
April 27-May 1 South Llano River state park, TX
May 1 - May 31 Austin, TX
Heading North after that

Doublegranch

The AZ Chapter site has been extremely quiet. I assume you are about to leave the hot AZ weather and head for cooler country! I wish you all a Safe and exciting travel. Enjoy your summer and remember to get home in time for our Rally's....I will be heading to the Colo Chapter Rally at the end of this month and perhaps a mini trip to the White Mountains in July/Aug time frame. I will post it so if anyone wants to join in a camp out you are most welcome to join Dakota and myself. I hear tell that Ann is willing to give us fly fishing lessons should we have a small group....

Remember to post your travels on this thread and tell us about the campsites you recommend...Perhaps your post will meet up with another Heartland member in your travel plans and you will make a new friend.
Let us hear from you along the way.....Safe Travels...
Garry & Dakota...MY "Aussie" girl.

Robert-n-Marion_Wengler

Founding Colorado Chapter Leader
On our way North we stopped at Honeyville UT> Crystal Hot Springs & campground . This is a real nice place for a couple of days our a week springs are great .....

Grey Ghost

It is getting hotter and hotter here in AZ so might have be getting time to move along up North or over to the Ocean, however there are forest fires in those directions so we feel rather trapped right now. Never been to Honeyville UT, is is nice up there? We have been around Moab, Zion National Park and all around that area and Utah is so beautiful. Something very beautiful and different around every corner, we like camping up there. We are trying to plan a trip to Capital Reef sometime this summer, they say that is nice also. Ok then, have a safe ride and let us know how things are going.

Doublegranch

Just arrived for the Colo Chapter Rally.....Nice and cool with rain on its way. Really nice RV site..

Hope everyone is having a great summer thus far.

see you for the Oct Rally

Garry & Dakota

Mrsfish

Have a great time Garry. Anxious to hear about the site. We are traveling to Durango the week of the 14th. Will be doing a little (okay, a lot) of flyfishing. Can't wait! If you and Dakota are bored come join us. and please, if anyone is in the area le t us know. Would love to meet up. And, btw, World Cup starts the 16th , Olay, Olay, Olay!!

MTPockets

We pulled into Heber City, UT yesterday. Mountain Valley RV Resort is a brand new Resort last year or two and is one of the most gorgeous place's we've been. Wide streets with curbs, all concrete pads , pool, clubhouse; we're here for a week.

Doublegranch

Back from a few days in Wyo and a few days with the Colo Chapter Rally. Great time and wow is Colo and Wyo very green...Rain almost everyday but very light.

Back at the ranch and looking for my next venture into the White Mountains perhaps in late July. Then the AZ Chapter Rally in Oct.

Hope everyone is having a great summer and safe travels.

See you all in Oct !!!!!!!!!!!

Garry & Dakota

MTPockets

We'll be at Buffalo Bill State Park hosting from June 15th until we work our way South to the October AZ rally.

Mrsfish

Leaving next weekend for a couple of weeks in Durango. Looking forward to some great fishing on the San Juan and in the mountains around the area. Keep in touch regarding the end of July. That might work for us :)

Ron-Cookie

Going North at the end of the week... Have a 50th Class Reunion and friends to visit... Maybe I will see some of you on our travels... Plan to be back in Arizona at the end of July... .

Last edited:

Grey Ghost

Hey Garry, ya that is beautiful country and lots of room to roam around and enjoy. Used to live in Grand Junction and Durango so have really enjoyed the mountains and open spaces. Lots cooler there also! We also love Utah and all that it has to offer. Well, have a great summer and see you in October I hope!