Magellan RV9365 LM-T

wolfrat1

Good Afternoon everybody. Has anyone tried Magellan's most recent add to the rv gps market, the RV9365LMT? I'm reading reviews on this and Garmin RV760 LMT. These are about the only two I see worth looking into. I was really put off by Rand McNally's lack of customer service (no response). So I'm trying to see if anyone has had luck with these two.

Thanks...

Last edited:

MTPockets

Ditto on the Rand McNally... Had mine for a couple years... Problems with unit, bad assistance, then just too bad was their reply.... Sooo Garmin RV760 and zero problem. Had to download missing English version when new, but service was great. I like made in USA and Garmin has had great reviews.

TedS

I was leaning toward the Garmin, but with the Magellan on sale for $100 less I could not justify getting the Garmin. Now I am learning the Magellan. I did find that the 'touch' screen responds much better to stylus rather than finger touch.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Only GPS that I have use ared Garmin's. I have had a couple of others and then the 465t trucker. It was ok but a small screen and didn't help much because of the restrictions of Semi's.

I found out that I could trade in the 465t for a nice discount and bought the RV760 which is the best one I have had so far. I use Basecamp to plot my routes so I haven't had any trouble with routing. I never make a long route directly on any GPS. To much chance of being routed where I didn't want to go. I prefer to stay off of interstates and this works well for me. If you are shopping for price you may very well be disappointed in the quality of the GPS from what I have read on this forum. Do a search and you will see many threads about this subject including ones that I have responded to on the RV760.

I don't mean to knock another GPS but I really like the RV760 over anything I have used or heard about.

FWIW
BC

wolfrat1

Okay folks, more fuel on the fire. Magellan keeps coming out with new gps units. This one is the RV9490T-LMB. It is suppose to give real time weather alerts, fuel prices and traffic camera updates. It will also give amber alerts in the area that one is driving through. It gives mile marker info, good sam rv travel guide and campground locations, as well as gas station locations on your route. If it works as advertised, this could be very a self sufficient unit. Hard to keep up with all of this stuff. This is due out sometime May of this year.

Last edited:

dave10a

When I get ready to upgrade my GPS, I would choose the one that offers the most mapping flexibility and GPS features for pulling a large trailer. After all that is what they are intended to do in the first place. I don't need the ancillary features like weather, road reports, blue tooth, fuel stops other creature features because my Ford Sync does a better job. Ford Sync also does routing using MapQuest, but it does not consider routing for a truck pulling a large trailer. As it stands now Street Atlas uses the best mapping software. However it is a PIA because you need a laptop with a GPS reciever, but it does allow a chosen route to be loaded into a smart phone. MapQuest will also down load into my FordSync-- but I have to be careful about the route to avoid low bridges and illegal roads. Garmin use to be the gold standard for non-commercial applications, but I think they have slipped a little these days because their design review board seems to be less technical and more gear towards marketing.

bsuds

I just purchased the Magellan from Camping world as it was over $100 cheaper than the Garmin. I have only used it once around town so far and am getting used to it. So far so good.
It's the first GPS I've purchased that hasn't had to download new maps and software so set up was a breeze.

We purchased the Magellan from Camping World also and it worked fine for awhile. Now, two years later the time zones are all messed up. Mapping still works, just cannot get the time correct!

olcoon

I have only used Garmin, and have had good luck with the 4-5 that I've owned (for vehicle, and hunting/hiking). Have had virtually NO issues with them. Have also purchased 2 others for gifts, and again no issues. Haven't owned any other brands, but have heard enough horror stories about the other brands that I'll just stay with Garmin. Their customer service is great, and they have a quality product. Don't know about how things are these days, but for Geocaching, the Geocaching crowd used to say that Garmin was the only way to go, I haven't been Geocaching in a few years, so I don't know how things are these days.