Don't like the quality of your RV?

Pulltab

The dude had been working on it for a long time. I was tracking it quite a while back. I believe he is right on with his costs. He is very talented and did the work himself. You should see what he did with his house! :)

creeper

A few thousand for the trailer and then price out the RV appliances.

Slide mechanism, He's got a couple grand just in wood. Wire, glass windows, A/c units, etc.. etc...Have you price diamond plate? (which is not in his cost spread sheet). Just doesn't add up. If you check his spread sheet , plenty of items missing and the prices on some items, are well............. Really unbelievable, IE: RV window $10, Tub surround $10, Skylight $10, 22 rafters for $22...

Sounds like a fisherman. Other than that , he did a awesome job and still saved himself a bundle.

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired

Slide mechanism, He's got a couple grand just in wood. Wire, glass windows, A/c units, etc.. etc...Have you price diamond plate? (which is not in his cost spread sheet). Just doesn't add up. If you check his spread sheet , plenty of items missing and the prices on some items, are well............. Really unbelievable, IE: RV window $10, Tub surround $10, Skylight $10, 22 rafters for $22...

Sounds like a fisherman. Other than that , he did a awesome job and still saved himself a bundle.

I was wondering if he didn't buy some of his stuff from a salvage yard. I ran across a link once for a trailer salvage place in Missouri... I think, that seemed to have cheap prices. I would imagine there is others scattered across the country. It also seemed that some of his lumber didn't look brand new either , but who knows but him. It still looked good when he finished and can imagine the hours, days, months, spent in planning....Ken

DougLynne

retired Alberta Chapter Leaders
That is impressive, he is right on with the "Priceless", a lot of pride when your looking at the results of your labor. Great job..../Doug

truknutt

Committed Member
I wonder what factory/forum site he goes to when he needs to complain about the fit & finish of his 5ver ?

Someone had to ask!!!

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
I wonder what factory/forum site he goes to when he needs to complain about the fit & finish of his 5ver ?

Someone had to ask!!!

I was also wondering how many things he would have done differently now that its finished....Ken

Pulltab

He did indeed purchase as much stuff as he could from salvage yards to do it as cheaply as possible. It just goes to show that a little effort and time if you are willing and capable can pay off big. I think he did a great job and his cost constraint was fantastic! Wish I had that type of energy.:cool:

jpmorgan37

I personally think the man is, not only a craftsman, but a gentleman that should be complimented for his work, the documentation and the fact that he is willing to share the details in pictures as well as time and cost. From me, I say, well done.

John